Author Topic: Trunks Alarm  (Read 7563 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Trunks Alarm
« on: May 06, 2013, 11:19:45 AM »
Hello,

I had a site complaining about hearing busy signals when dialing out and customers not being able to hear them. I had telco check the lines and they came back clear. I rebooted the system and I had two alarms a Lines and Trunk alarm and under Trunks there was 87% unavailable. I've never come across this and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction? After the reboot they say the lines are acting normal. I did do a refresh and those alarms disappeared but i would like to know how/why this might of happened.

Thanks,

Offline marcolive

• View Profile
Re: Trunks Alarm
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 05:59:19 PM »
Do you have a PRI/T1?

Sometimes, when errors on a link reach a threshold, an alarm is raised. Alarm won't clear by itself even if the link has become OK. The only way to clear it is with DTSTAT CLEAR <plid of the PRI> command in maintenance command.

Don't know if a reboot clear this kind of alarm.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 06:58:13 PM »
A reboot would clear that alarm. OP, how many trunks do you have and how are they connected?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 08:01:37 AM »
The maintenance logs should give you a clue as to what caused the alarm.   I'm betting that marcolive nailed it and you had a PRI/T1 issue that resolved itself.

If you enter the maint command "mess sub"   you'll see if you have some Universal T1 cards.   
Do the command "DTS read <PRI PLID> last 24 and you'll see if the circ had any problems over the last 24 hours.

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 10:08:42 AM »
 The site has a T1 connection back to our main datacenter but no PRI only POTS lines. No alarms were present this morning. However; when looking through the logs I discovered this.

couple of questions concerning the log.
1. how do I find out if the PBX has a RTC card and E2T card installed?
2. Is there a way to find out what IP address these cards use like the log suggest?

Thanks,

Maintenance
Log Number   3297
Severity   Error
Date   2013/May/07
Time   08:43:28
Source   Duplicate IP Address Detector
Description   Possibly 2 computers with the same IP address (x.x.x.x). One of those computers has MAC address ..... If this IP is used by the Mitel RTC card, E2T card, a phone or router, there may be disruption in telephone service.
Module   Main
File Name and Line Number   Maintenance;0

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10