Author Topic: Voice Mail from External Callers not Hitting VM Mailbox  (Read 1461 times)

Offline joshuacsomers

• View Profile
Voice Mail from External Callers not Hitting VM Mailbox
« on: April 30, 2013, 04:57:22 PM »
Hi there -- Mitel newbie here.

I have a user that is unable to receive voice mails left for her from a caller not in our 3300 system. Her message lamp is activated when a user from inside our building leaves a message but when an external caller leaves a message there is no sign of it on the handset. I've compared her set up to other users in our system (myself included) that can successfully receive voice mail from external users and can't see anything that pops out to me as being different. Is this something anyone has heard of before?

Many thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Voice Mail from External Callers not Hitting VM Mailbox
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 07:14:41 AM »
Are you using the embedded VM?
When you call the user externally, are you ringing directly to the same line called internally or are you answered by an auto attendant 1st?

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: Voice Mail from External Callers not Hitting VM Mailbox
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 07:53:51 AM »
Have not heard of this. The difference on an internal call would be that on an internal call the voicemail would see the caller as an extension with a voicemail box. Don't know of any setting in either voicemail where that would matter regarding the message waiting light.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10