Author Topic: SIP CLI  (Read 2403 times)

Offline ianbt001

• View Profile
SIP CLI
« on: April 30, 2013, 05:45:34 AM »

Hi all, I have a site that recently went over to SIP and they tell me that since then they lose the cli from the display on the handset when they initiate a call transfer.

Basically call comes in and is answered on a 5330 the calling number is displayed on the 5330, as soon as they push the transfer button the display changes to (Private call on hold) and the number disappears.

They state that this did not happen when they had isdn30. The number stayed on the display.

Suspect it showed something like 070123456765 on hold

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks Ian.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: SIP CLI
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 06:40:04 AM »
Check the COS on the trunks and the handsets under the display section (if you are running MCD 5 or newer) to make sure that it is set to pass CLI through on transferring a call.

Most likely it will be a trunk setting, but worth checking both.

Offline ianbt001

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 05:52:16 AM »
Tried all the obvious setting in trunk cos and extension cos but nothing seems to male a difference.

I have tried same senario at other Sip sites and all do the same, so now thinking this is either caused by the way we set them up and is designed to work this way. Still looking but any suggestions welcome. ::)

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 06:59:56 AM »
I haven't got a handset set up here at home at the moment in TW mode, but some stage over the weekend I'll grab one out of the car and test it, as the provider connectivity shouldn't make any difference to this sort of thing, as the SIP header will contain the calling party, so from there it is up to the system what it does with the number.

Out of interest can you paste the COS settings under display for the trunk and the handset?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 09:26:08 AM »
It works. If I use my home phone to call my ring group via DID it shows my home number on the cell not the office number. However someone set the option not to show the internal extension so I always get the company number from an internal party. Could it be something googy like you used a extension number for the EHDU that is in a DID range that appears in the CPN substituiton form and that is why it always shows the company number?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10