Author Topic: MOH lasts for a minute, then hangs up on caller...  (Read 2375 times)

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
MOH lasts for a minute, then hangs up on caller...
« on: April 27, 2013, 03:24:11 PM »
When putting someone on hold, the MOH will play (approx 1/2 way through song) and continue for about 1 minute, then it will cut off the music while leaving the caller on hold, and then approx 1 minute later hang up on the caller.

Where do I go to change the settings for the re-call timer (so it recalls if no-one answers after 1 minute) and avoid the hang up on customer if no-one answers quick enough.

Also, the MOH, how do I change it so it will constantly repeat the music, not stop?  We are using file base MOH.

Thanks,

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
Re: MOH lasts for a minute, then hangs up on caller...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 03:17:02 AM »
File-based MOH loops through the MOH file list automatically, if there is just one item in the MOH list it will just loop that one item indefinitely. So, check your MOH file list in System -  Devices and Feature Codes - File Based MOH.  There may be an invalid item in the list or a reference to a file that has perhaps been deleted from the card, causing the audio to stop.  Use Feature 313 Background music to test music, listen to see if it loops properly.  If you only have one item in the MOH list, perhaps the file has been encoded incorrectly or corrupted on the card.  Mitel's documentation on how to convert files properly is fuzzy to non-existant at best, so let me know if you need any assistance with converting files and I'd be glad to help.    As for the hanging up -  If a call remains on hold until the Hold timer expires, it recalls the phone where it is on hold, and the Recall timer is started. If it is still unanswered when the Recall timer expires, it recalls the phone’s attendant, and the Abandoned Call timer is started. If the phone does not have an attendant, the call continues to recall at the phone that placed it on hold. If the call is not answered before the Abandoned Call timer expires, the call is disconnected by the system.  Check System - Timers and Limits  to have a look at your timer settings.  System defaults are: Hold 60 seconds, Recall 60 seconds, Abandoned Call 10 minutes. Setting Hold to 0 will disable Hold recall. Phones can also be assigned Hold Alternate so adjust that timer too if necessary.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:21:55 AM by bhackbarth »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MOH lasts for a minute, then hangs up on caller...
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 09:03:32 PM »
The doesn't sound like an MOH issue at all. I think Bhackbarth hit the nail on the head with the recall timer.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10