Author Topic: Hotdesk into Softphone extension?  (Read 2794 times)

Offline supermike

• View Profile
Hotdesk into Softphone extension?
« on: April 24, 2013, 05:27:55 PM »
Is there a way to add this feature?

We have a remote employee who currently has a hard phone in the office extension x1506. We created a softphone for him at x1706 but does not allow hot desking.

the goal is:

When he is at home, he softphone's into the system and can place/recieve calls using his computer microphone/speakers

When he is in the office, he wants to hot desk in with the physical hard phone..to the same extension.

We are trying to avoid giving him dual extensions. He will need to send out the new extension to all his contacts. The other thing we thought is maybe have mobile twinning setup to both. Clients will still call him on x1506 as per normal but both locations would ring.

I guess we could do that, but if theres a way to hotdesk into a soft extension it would be much better.

Thanks

(acejavelin I am waiting  :) )

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hotdesk into Softphone extension?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 09:57:54 PM »
I use the KISS principle with Softphones.

Create a hunt group that rings both phones; both phones have immediate forward path to the hunt group; hunt group recalls to voice mail. Both phones have the same user name and calling party number.

Publish just the desk phone extension. Incoming calls ring both phones; outgoing calls show same user name or Caller ID. User doesn't have to do anything, his calls just find him. Set up email notification on his mailbox, so he can get his voice mails at home.

Offline supermike

• View Profile
Re: Hotdesk into Softphone extension?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:16:33 AM »
I use the KISS principle with Softphones.

Create a hunt group that rings both phones; both phones have immediate forward path to the hunt group; hunt group recalls to voice mail. Both phones have the same user name and calling party number.

Publish just the desk phone extension. Incoming calls ring both phones; outgoing calls show same user name or Caller ID. User doesn't have to do anything, his calls just find him. Set up email notification on his mailbox, so he can get his voice mails at home.

Love it. I did think of something involving a Huntgroup, or even mobile twinning. This is great! Appreciated.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10