Author Topic: INSUFF BANDWIDTH (Mitel 5000)  (Read 6528 times)

Offline Navara2

• Contributer
  • Laugh at your problems, everybody else does.
    • View Profile
INSUFF BANDWIDTH (Mitel 5000)
« on: April 24, 2013, 04:44:02 PM »
Any suggestions here? Had some older Rel and Mitel recommend upgrading all our site to lates ver, which we did and still having the issue at one site. Now at this site they installed and new HX ,but just exported the DB to the new HX. Which leads me to believe it could be a DB issue, but was looking for some input or ideals. Network has been checked and is running clean and only happens when you call exten to exten. :o
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 01:17:34 PM by ralph »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: INSUFF BANDWIDTH
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 08:06:32 AM »
Are you actually having call quality or BLF issues, or do these seem to be phantom Insuff Bandwidth alarms?

When you say Ext to Ext do you mean across sites, or within the one node? Is this a flat network or are VLANs involved? About how large of a network are we talking at this site?

And BTW, I have never heard of upgrading to fix Insufficient Bandwidth issues... I have seen early v1's get these and the most current software as well, rarely is it really an issue though and in most systems I just turn that flag off in System Flags.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 10:04:21 AM »
Ace's comments reminded me of an issue when the 5000 first came out. Make sure your fax transmission settings are the same for each node connection. If they're different, you can get phantom alarms.

Also, are there any Axxess systems networked?

Offline Navara2

• Contributer
  • Laugh at your problems, everybody else does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 12:30:52 PM »
No call quality issues at all , they are on VLANS whiched I have checked out they seem to bee fine. Also had the network checked out and not seeing any issues at all with the network.Site has a 10M circuit and about 20 users there, the network has been running clean with no issues. They do go accross to another site or node ,but that site does have any issues or alarms. When this does happen the (site A where they get the alarm) the calls drops. Happens about 3 times a week. Also checked the codex which they are running on g729, I cant seem to duplicate the problem either. I did run accross a problem in another one of our markets that had this issue and it turned out to be a bad patch cord.I will replacing that also to make sure.Thanks for your time everyone

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: INSUFF BANDWIDTH (Mitel 5000)
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 11:53:24 PM »
One thing I would check is that your switches (and router, if applicable depending on VPN/connection type) are honoring the QoS the phones are tagging. It is normal for the phones to tag their own packets with VLAN Priority 6/DSCP 46, but many switches won't honor those tags unless they are told to, seems to me Cisco's need commands like "msl qos trust dscp" and "msl qos trust cos", other switches require similar settings or else they will ignore all QoS in the network. However, with those few phones onsite I don't imagine it would make a huge difference in an average office environment... My best guess is that these are phantom alarms, I would just turn them off with the system flag.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10