Author Topic: Display Dialed Digits in SMDR from off node call  (Read 2295 times)

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
Display Dialed Digits in SMDR from off node call
« on: April 21, 2013, 01:28:01 AM »
I have 4 networked HX nodes that use ARS to call out on a remote corporate node's trunks. This works quite well, except when they check the Corporate node's reports in System Manager, PSTN call records, it never shows the dialed digits on calls made from the remote nodes. The other details are all there such as which trunk was used, what off-node extension made the call, call duration  etc.  Of course, dialed digits show fine for calls made from Corporate itself. I will note that corporate itself does not use ARS as its outgoing extension, but everyone else does. I must also note that I am inserting digits into every call which I'll show below.  I checked all the SMDR settings to see that no nodes are suppressing any digits and I tried turning "Display Redirected Station" on for all nodes, I tried adding the trunks into the SMDR device list on the corporate node (but I think that's just for trunk to trunk calls). I tried adding off node devices to SMDR devices but that's simply not allowed.   What am I missing?

Remote node flow (dialed digits not showing in SMDR / system manager reports):
[any remote node] -> Dial 8 -> ARS -> Facility Group Whichever -> Corporate Node -> Facility Group Whichever -> Trunk Group 92002 > Add *67P -> Add 1608 -> Echo 3 digits after toll, echo local address

Corporate call flow (dialed digits show fine in reports):
Dial 8 -> Trunk Group 92002

Any thoughts appreciated!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:38:24 AM by bhackbarth »

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
Re: Display Dialed Digits in SMDR from off node call
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 03:03:32 AM »
I figured it out. You can't dial C.O. feature access codes and have the digits shown in SMDR / reports at the same time. If you view a call in progress the dialed a feature code in System Manager it will show the Outside Number as "*" and in reports it will simply show nothing, not even the star.

This seems a bit unfortunate since I was happily selectively blocking outbound CID based on what node was calling by using ARS Add digits,  but now I have to globally do that from the telco and can't select it automatically and transparently per call.  It also seems like a clever way for people to avoid call costing or conceal their calling habits.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10