Author Topic: New guy, looking for direction regarding DDM16b issue...  (Read 3083 times)

Offline jp0013

• Contributer
    • View Profile
New guy, looking for direction regarding DDM16b issue...
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:17:51 AM »
Up until a week ago, everything on this install was going great, except for UCA which is a different issue all together. The tech that put the system in transferred and I inherited any future issues. Let me preface my issue by saying I don't sit for certification until the May 20th class in Atlanta.

I have one DDM16b running ~8 digital sets. One week ago, all 8 went out with major alarms. The keypads are responsive upon unplugging and plugging back in the sets but nothing appears in the display.

On the DDM itself, the "Remove" indicator is illuminated. I replaced the card today, no change. Had 24 volts tested at block on all used extensions even with previous card, which coming from Samsung OfficeServ (5 years there) usually means the card is good...

So what's next?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: New guy, looking for direction regarding DDM16b issue...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 09:46:45 AM »
Have you reset the system with the card installed? They should be hot swappable though, loosen the retainer screw and push down on the locking lever and wait for the Remove light to come on, then remove the card and reinsert it. Watch the display on the front of the chassis, you should see some information about "Inserting ddm_1_ex..." then "Starting ddm_1_ex..." and then the card should come online. I have seen in newer softwares were it won't come online though, and a reset is required.

If all that fails, you may have a faulty chassis or main control card and will need to work with tech support to troubleshoot it further.

Offline jp0013

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 10:07:46 AM »
Have you reset the system with the card installed? They should be hot swappable though, loosen the retainer screw and push down on the locking lever and wait for the Remove light to come on, then remove the card and reinsert it. Watch the display on the front of the chassis, you should see some information about "Inserting ddm_1_ex..." then "Starting ddm_1_ex..." and then the card should come online. I have seen in newer softwares were it won't come online though, and a reset is required.

If all that fails, you may have a faulty chassis or main control card and will need to work with tech support to troubleshoot it further.

I have reset it and replaced the card (tried that first) also tried hot-swapping with no results. When you say main control card are you talking about the processor? I've got one of those here as well. But it's now peak operating time for my customer and I will have to wait until after hours to swap them.

Thanks for your help.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 12:19:08 PM »
And you have verified it is programmed correctly in the System Cabinet section?

Remember when you change out the processor card to swap the CF card as well, but my money is on the chassis itself is defective... :/

Offline jp0013

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 03:35:33 PM »
And you have verified it is programmed correctly in the System Cabinet section?

Remember when you change out the processor card to swap the CF card as well, but my money is on the chassis itself is defective... :/

I will remember to change the CF card, thanks  8)

Offline jp0013

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 01:00:46 PM »
It was the processor btw

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10