Author Topic: 3330 and mitel 5212..  (Read 2811 times)

Offline cheezemozo

• View Profile
3330 and mitel 5212..
« on: April 09, 2013, 06:18:06 PM »
hi to all. just wanna ask question to my mitel problem.. this is on going for couple of days now, during morning our phone and the caller id are working fine. we can see on the display who is calling. our caller id will start to act weird during the afternoon. the phone will ring and it will show t103 and when you pick up the phone no one is on the other line. i tried to remove the line 3 and it will work fine-will show the caller id. but after few minutes it will ring again and will show this time t104 for trunk 4 or line 4. i tried to learn this mitel system thru this forum but no idea where to start.
i appreciate any comments and suggestions.

regards to all
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:35:29 PM by cheezemozo »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 3330 and mitel 5212..
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 12:24:29 AM »
If you are seeing T104/Trunk 4 or the like, then trunk is not receiving Caller ID from the telco. I would suggest contacting your carrier and have them check the lines. Most carriers just point the finger at your equipment, but a cheap test might be to run to Wal-Mart (or your favorite discount superstore) and get a stand-alone caller ID box or find an analog phone with Caller ID display and when the trouble starts temporarily unplug the line from the back of the controller and into the CID box. Also, since most CID boxes have an in and out, you could put it in line with the CO line and see if you are getting caller ID there. My guess is it will be bad there as well and this is a telco issue.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 08:13:04 AM »
you don't happen to have centrex lines attached? Saw something similar with a customer having lines from a carrier that they could have features on. They had invoked some feature on the line that caused the carrier to provide a small ring burst as a reminder the feature was set. This caused phantom rining of the lines. Hell of a thing to find. Also note this was analog trunks.

My point is that if the carrier is doing something that the 3300 interprets as a call then it will ring and will not dispaly a caller ID. Not sure if this will apply to your case.

Offline cheezemozo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 01:22:41 PM »
i called our provider and found out that we have centrex attached to our line. with this, what is the possible solution to my concern?

thanks again.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 08:53:42 AM »
It is quite possible then that there is a feature causing the issue. If forwarding is on for example it might be sending a small burst of ringing voltage to say that the feature is on. This is triggering the false ring. Since the Centrex features don't work with the 3300 you might consider turning them off. Otherwise not sure how to stop it.

Offline cheezemozo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 06:44:16 PM »
hi, thanks again for your response. i hope this request is easy for you how can i turn off that features in the server.. thanks again

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 08:01:21 AM »
If the issue is in fact a feature on the Centrex lines then there is nothing on the 3300 you can do. Whatever is happening is happening at the CO and you would need to turn off the feature causing the issue.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10