Author Topic: Paging through the CRA...  (Read 1914 times)

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
Paging through the CRA...
« on: April 09, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
I know this sounds dangerous, but I'm looking for a creative way to be able to use the paging system from calling to the after hours CRA.

Reason for this is so the boss can page the building for staff to phone him when he is not there.  This is useful if you need cleaning staff, warehouse or maintenance people to call you after hours.

Here is what I was thinking.

Set up the night CRA so that #9 goes to the extension dial list.  #9 won't be announced in the CRA, so you have to deliberately press it.  From there, I'll turn off the mitel lady so that you'll just have to know to that you're being transfered to the extension list.  Then set up a phone that has its hand-set wired into the paging system via RJ22 to 1/8" plug (from mitel to paging amplifer), then set the extension to something odd like 9252 or something and have the phone set to auto answer what would then feed the paging system and make sound.

I can't think of any other way to do this.  Any other idea's?

Thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Paging through the CRA...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 05:41:13 PM »
This is usually handled by ringing a Single Line extension that is setup to ring the Night Bell/Common Audible inputs of the paging controller (in some instances a small interface device such as a Valcom V-9924C into the All Call input). Then when the extension is rung a tone is generated over the paging system and you go to any phone and reverse transfer that extension (ie. if the SL extension is 200, pickup any phone and dial 4+200) to answer the call. I don't believe a CRA can send a call to the paging extension anyway, and it cannot be a call forward destination either.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Paging through the CRA...
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 06:35:17 PM »
What type of lines do you have?
If you have DDI lines you might be able to setup a number that has a destination of a CRT that identifies outside party number. Enter your bosses Cell or Home number and set the ring-in type to DISA, this should give him dial tone and allow him to use the paging FAC.

I have not tried it but don't see why it wouldn't work.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10