Author Topic: How to shutdown 3300 on power failure event  (Read 3317 times)

Offline GrahamL

• Contributer
    • View Profile
How to shutdown 3300 on power failure event
« on: April 04, 2013, 06:32:18 AM »
Like most companies, our MITEL 3300 is on a UPS (an APC 5KVA unit).  Great you say!

But...

What happens if the power fails?

Eventually the battery will get low (however big it is) and the MITEL 3300 needs to be shutdown.

How to do this remotely with scripts or similar?

APC has agents that can shutdown Windows/Linux/VMware etc.  These agents can run external commands if necessary

How to do this with MITEL?

I can't be the only person to ask this question.

Cheers

Graham

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Re: How to shutdown 3300 on power failure event
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 05:57:03 PM »
Go into the Maintenance Commands and issue SHUTDOWN. After a very little time it will be fine to remove the power.

Offline GrahamL

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 05:03:06 AM »
Go into the Maintenance Commands and issue SHUTDOWN. After a very little time it will be fine to remove the power.

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe my original question was not explicit or clear enough.  Of course, I already known how to type the shutdown command.

In the event of a power failure - it is likely that no body is around to run a manual process like typing in a browser.  The process has to initiate the shutdown automatically.  This is what the agents can do.  They can run all sorts of scripts or commands on an event, for example, let's say the battery power gets down to 25% remaining, it's time for all the servers to start their shutdown procedures.  I can do this for all of my Windows/Linux/VMware servers but I need to know how to do this for the 3300.

One question - is there a shutdown command within the telnet shell that could be run?  Maybe that can be scripted possibly?  Anyone have an idea on this as a possibility?

Cheers

Graham

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 07:30:30 AM »
No method I know of to have a signal from the UPS shut down the 3300 unlike what you can do to a server. There is a command that can be issued from the RS232 that will shut down the system. Unfortunaltely I can't remember it but search the forum because I have seen it here before. I suppose you could setup something to issue the command.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 07:50:17 AM »
Here's the link on how to shut down a 3300.
www.mitelforums.com/articles/3300/Mitel-3300-shutdown-proceedures.php

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10