Author Topic: Need help with Call rerouting Multiple Extensions to a One Voice Mail Box  (Read 13045 times)

Offline jayton4

• View Profile
Sorry if this question is dumb, I am still learning the Mitel 3300.  Our IT Department has been a revolving door in the past, and there have been several different people programming our system over the years and they all had different ways of doing things.

One of the departments at our facility would like for their phones to work like this:
The department secretary has a voicemail box
There are 3 users in the department that do not want voicemail.
When one of the 3 users do not answer the phone and the secretary doesn't pickup the call, it would then go to the secretary's voicemail box.

Currently the secretary is setup with a SuperSet 4025 and has keys programmed for the users in the department with the "Key System" setting and set to ring.  If she knows that one of the 3 users are out of the office that day, she can go ahead and pick calls up off that line by pressing the corresponding key.  If she is out of the office and a call comes in to one of the three users, it just rings and rings forever, (they are currently set up with all 1's in class of service and in call rerouting since they do not have a voicemail box).

Is there a guide somewhere that explains the difference between 1st alternative and 2nd alternative in more simpler terms than the help file?  Also, I do not understand the difference between This, Normal, and Last.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:40:04 AM by ralph »

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with Call rerouting situation
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »
What voicemail are you using? The embedded VM on the 3300, a NuPoint/Mitel Mail, or something else?

Offline mgodinez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 06:11:42 PM »
Hello,

Actually, I found the embedded 3300 help files to be the most useful.

Call rerouting - 1st Alt. is where I direct my extensions to vmail.  Depending on how the COS is setup/timed - the end device should ring and ultimately use the call re. 1st alt. assignment upon busy/no answer.

On my controller - for call rerouting first alternatives, i have my 'first alternative number' assignment set to 'this' for all fields to my voicemail hunt group number.

In broad strokes, that's pretty much my config :)

Call rerouting second alternative assignment is where you want to direct calls upon a busy/no answer action from the call rerouting first alternative assignment.  i.e.  if extension 1000 is the 1st alt. assn. and does not answer, the 2nd alt. assn. would intercept the call.  timing between transfers is handled via the COS for the station.

Regards,

Mike G.
Seattle, WA

Offline jayton4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 01:44:21 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

lundah:  We are using the embedded 3300 VM. 

mgodinez:  Ours is set up similar throughout the facility, with the 1st alternative being set as voicemail for most users.  However I want 3 extensions to go to a different user's voicemail.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 03:14:12 PM »
Making it go to another embedded mailbox is a pita. You would reroute to something like an acd path that interflows to vm. IIRC you need to allow call to cue with no member present and then interflow to an extension forwarded always to vm. The forwarding extension would be something like *XXXX where XXXX is the mailbox.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 03:15:19 PM »
However I want 3 extensions to go to a different user's voicemail.

Not going to happen with an embedded.  You'd have to upgrade to NuPoint for that.

Ralph

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 03:17:30 PM »
Making it go to another embedded mailbox is a pita. You would reroute to something like an acd path that interflows to vm. IIRC you need to allow call to cue with no member present and then interflow to an extension forwarded always to vm. The forwarding extension would be something like *XXXX where XXXX is the mailbox.

True that: PITA
But even then, it would drop the msg into someone else's mailbox.  It would have to be an unrelated box with a msg key on the phone.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 08:53:11 PM »
If you use *extension, the embedded ignores the * and you end up in extension vm box.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 11:39:07 AM »
If you use *extension, the embedded ignores the * and you end up in extension vm box.

Oh??  Didn't know that.   So what you're suggesting is to set up a phantom ACD that is *+<extension> and it will put the call in the <extension> vm box?   This sounds like a great solution to a long standing problem.   I've never tried that one.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I think you have to run it through the path and interflow to a phantom *extension forwarded always to vm. There is a knowledge base article out having different menu nodes for day and night that has the basic setup requirements. As long as vm see *extension, **extension, extension* it will end up in the extension box.

On one site, I made the dial 0 got to *XXXX as a console LDN and reroute night through a queue to **XXXX nightbell which forwards on a no answer back to vm. They all end up in one box.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Nothing to do with a solution but think it is funny that they don't want a VM box but acutually they do they just want someone else to have to manage it.

Offline jayton4

• View Profile
I think you have to run it through the path and interflow to a phantom *extension forwarded always to vm. There is a knowledge base article out having different menu nodes for day and night that has the basic setup requirements. As long as vm see *extension, **extension, extension* it will end up in the extension box.

On one site, I made the dial 0 got to *XXXX as a console LDN and reroute night through a queue to **XXXX nightbell which forwards on a no answer back to vm. They all end up in one box.

Thanks for your help, johnp.  With how busy I am, it will take me a week to figure all this out.

Offline ghost

• View Profile
further to johnp's comments

I have a hunt group with a type of "NameTag" with a number of *XXXX (were XXXX is the same as the extension that you want to receive the voicemail)

Then just setup a Call Rerouting always from *XXXX to your voicemail pilot and setup Call Rerouting first alt from each of the extensions to *XXXX

So if your secretary's extension is 6111 then your would create the huntgroup with *6111

Hope that helps clear it up.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ghosts' method sounds easier. My method works for both 3300 and 200

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Ghost: If they want their calls to go to the secretaries mailbox, her extension already exists so would that not stop them from programming a Name Tag hunt group? That would dove tale into ralph's thought that she would have to a have a differenet mailbox then her extension and a message waiting key. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10