Author Topic: wakeup call message  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
wakeup call message
« on: March 26, 2013, 12:39:16 PM »
I will start by saying I don't work on the 200 often and I almost never work in the hotel/motel environment.

I have a new customer that wants to record a message for their wakeup calls, can this be done? Any documentation on it?

We have never been to this site before and I am scheduled for tomorrow, yay! All I know is that they have a SX-200 MX, their MOH doesn't work and they want to record a message for wakeup calls.

What could go wrong here?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: wakeup call message
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 01:42:00 PM »
If they have a SX-200 MX in a hospitality environment, then they most likely have 12-20 voicemail ports (assuming it was engineered properly, thats a big assumption I know). So setting this up should be fairly simple. You put some VM ports in a Recording Hunt Group, give it an extension and set the options, then setup the RAD Group in form 49, record RAD, and set a couple options here and there, and put the extension in the Wake-Up routing of the call rerouting for the tenant used for the rooms (well, it sounded simple in my head before I typed it out).

Remember that the 200 can only make one wake-up call per RAD port at a specific time (not a restriction when using MOH for wakeups), so if it has to make 300 wakeup calls at 6:00am and you only have 2 RAD ports with a 30 second recording on each one, the math says some people are not going to get up on time! A good rule of thumb I use is have a ratio of 1:20 rooms to RAD ports, and keep the recording under 15 seconds.

I can get you the necessary documentation if needed, although most of it is on the Mitel eDocs site if you have access to it. One thing about the 200, the documentation is amazing!!!

Now, if they are not using the embedded VM then all bets are off  ;)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10