Author Topic: UCA not working after update MAS to 6  (Read 4287 times)

Offline pkriek

• View Profile
UCA not working after update MAS to 6
« on: March 25, 2013, 02:55:53 PM »
All

we have update our server and controllers to v6. Now UCA clients are not working anymore after they update to the latest version.
In the log files we see

2013/03/12 14:28:20.186 ERROR [4:] Mitel.Communicator.Listeners.WebSocketListener - Web socket error:  System.Exception: RemoteCertificateNameMismatch
2013/03/12 14:28:20.186 INFO  [4:] Mitel.Communicator.Listeners.WebSocketListener - Closing the web socket (None) because web socket has error.
2013/03/12 14:28:20.186 INFO  [4:] Mitel.Communicator.Listeners.WebSocketListener - Setting the WSP socket state to ConnectionLost because of System.Exception: RemoteCertificateNameMismatch.
2013/03/12 14:28:20.186 TRACE [1:MainThread] Mitel.Communicator.Listeners.OfflineStateListener - WSP socket connection state changed: ConnectionLost.
2013/03/12 14:28:20.190 ERROR [4:]

So some certificate error. anyone have an idea where to look? all clients are orking thru MBG, When connecting directly to the UCA server we have no issues

thanks

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: UCA not working after update MAS to 6
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 05:52:25 PM »
Has the name of the  server changed?
It might pay to log on to the MBG and check the certificates to see if they are still listed as valid. You may have to revoke the existing ones and re-issue new ones, but an upgrade shouldn't cause this to be needed generally.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 09:58:05 PM »
the error message is pretty clear. the "name" in the certificate that MBG is presenting doesn't match the "name" that UCA is configured to connect to.

If UCA is configured to connect to "bob.foo.com" then MBG must present a certificate with "bob.foo.com" in it. Make MSL is configured with a correctly named certificate.

Offline pkriek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 01:26:10 PM »
thats what I touhgt,

so our mbg has URL (no cert) uca.company.com. Whilst my uca has a internal name. old client had no issues, the new one is doing a check apparantly.
So I tought to install an offical web cert on the MBG, and use SAN enrie on that cert, with the internal name of the MAS. Teh  import that cert on MBG and NAS.

Now our partner and Mitel say not use SAN certs, but to rename the MAS server and give him the same name as teh external URL UCA.COMPANY.COM

what do you think?

Offline gshull

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:16:32 PM »
 ::)

I have been fighting with this issue for the past three weeks. Our provider working with Mitel added a DNS file in my Host file in order to connect internally however externally I was unable to connect. Not a big deal until this started happening to Teleworker users. I have worked with Mitel and local provider for hours with little success.
Today I figured it out, I always knew it was the certification but my thoughts were not heard so I (Fix) opened MMC- opened Certifications Local and user; deleted all UCA certifications and reinstalled the client. It finally worked, give it a try.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10