Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Password reset / override?  (Read 10457 times)

Offline rjmarsden

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 Password reset / override?
« on: March 21, 2013, 10:53:21 AM »
I'm stood in front of a Mitel 5000 that this client has bought from another company down the road. I have no idea of the username or password though.

Can i reset this through the screen on the front or some other way?

5.1 HX

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5000 Password reset / override?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 04:41:22 PM »
I'm stood in front of a Mitel 5000 that this client has bought from another company down the road. I have no idea of the username or password though.

Can i reset this through the screen on the front or some other way?

5.1 HX
Yes.... and no.

Through the front panel you can completely default the database, this will clear out all passwords and users except the default, but it will also completely wipe out the database (and possibly the license key, I don't remember for sure but I do have a test system should this become a need to know).

Otherwise, the only option is having tech support clear the password for you and this requires a USB connection as well if I remember correctly.

EDIT: I see in the manual it talks about resetting the admin password through the front panel, but I don't see that option anywhere, will do some checking.

EDIT2: Yeah, nevermind... Their solution is to default the system database and then restore a database with a known or no password. Otherwise it is standard Mitel procedure, get AMC record moved to your account, then fill out the paperwork for password reset and pay a TSI credit to get tech support to reset it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:02:15 PM by acejavelin »

Offline dmgale

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 03:05:01 PM »
I had this issue with a few of our PBXs; we ended up (I believe) running a DB save, performing a sytem upgrade (defaults system, I believe this was 3.x to 5.x) and cherry picking what to restore. This way you get most of the config. and your password is reset.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 03:43:27 PM »
Any chance you can upgrade from 5.1 to 5.1 and do the same thing?

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 04:44:58 PM »
I had this issue with a few of our PBXs; we ended up (I believe) running a DB save, performing a sytem upgrade (defaults system, I believe this was 3.x to 5.x) and cherry picking what to restore. This way you get most of the config. and your password is reset.
How did you "cherry pick" what to restore? The only way I know to restore a database is all encompassing, and when switching versions you would have had to do a conversion, also a complete file change.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10