Author Topic: Voicemail to Email  (Read 15873 times)

Offline supermike

• View Profile
Voicemail to Email
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:21:10 PM »
It seems Mitel has purposely made every single option 50x harder than it should be.

Voicemail to E-Mail, what is going on.

I created an email account voicemail@company.com for the PBX to send emails from. I programmed email sync on Extention 1000 to send to email 1000@company.com

Somehow this magical PBX is sending all the notifications to VOICEMAIL@company.com .

Please review my settings. I want to have the PBX be given a designated email account ( voicemail@company.com ) and on each extension I want to program the email address to send to and that's it.

Is this possible or do they REALLY expect us to go around asking for everyones friggin email password? Sorry to soyund hostile, but this thing just never works the way it should.

Offline supermike

• View Profile
Re: Voicemail to Email
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 04:39:48 PM »
FALSE ALARM GUYS!!

After putting my head down for 5 minutes, crying, and trying one more final time IT WORKED!

So I guess the PBX just didn't "feel" like sending it to the right email..makes sense!

So from now on I'll just remember to go in the server room and feed it some carrots and pet his case so it will do what I tell it to sooner. I guess we need to develop a relationship first.

:D

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 04:51:58 PM »
Dinner, drinks, maybe some light petting.....

Offline supermike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 06:17:01 PM »
Dinner, drinks, maybe some light petting.....

I guess the carrots weren't enough.

So, I have configured SYSTEM\GATEWAY with the voicemail@company.com account and punched in the server settings.

In extension 1000 under voice processor -> Mailbox -> Email Sync  I setup just Voice email account to 1000@company.com ONLY!!!!

It worked!

But when trying to setup extension 2000 with email 2000@company.com it would STILL send to 1000@company.com!

Funny thing is, the email would arrive in 1000@company.com, but it was destined for 2000@company.com..From: Mitel To: 2000@company.com.....

Does anyone have a guide or walkthrough for this?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 12:38:34 AM »
Actually, I find the V to E on the 5000 to be very easy... not 3300 easy, but pretty easy... If you go to the email settings and press F1 for help, everything you really need is there, same with the settings on the mailbox. I haven't seen a more clear document on how to set it up, although it does take a little playing with it (and sometimes looking at the logs for a bit) to get everything quite right.

But I can tell you, your settings as they are should NOT work... In EMail Gateway settings, the EMail SMTP Server settings must be a DNS-resolvable domain name, IP addresses are not allowed. You probably have more info in that area than is really needed too.

Also, for Enhanced Integration (not basic Forward or Copy&Forward) you are missing some fields in the mailbox, you must have a DNS-resolvable domain name of the mail server (ie. mail.mycompany.com), the username and password of the individual on that system, remember this is basically using an IMAP mail connection for that specific mailbox and is not like a BlackBerry Enterprise Manager connection. Basic Fwd or Copy&Fwd doesn't require any of those fields on the user level except email address, and will just pass the voicemail message to the SMTP server set in the Email Gateway settings.

When issues arise in configuring this, best to check the logs via the web portal, look ad the avdaplog.txt logs to make sure the voicemail is being converted to an email and the attempt is made, then check the maillog (or mainmail or mail.mainlog file depending on the system version)

So, that being said, try to get the basic (FWD or Fwd&Copy) working first... Generally all that is needed is:

IP Settings:
Base Server Hostame: Mitel5000 (used with the next option)
Domain Name: rednecks.com (added with above and presented as "HELO Mitel5000.rednecks.com" to the SMTP when sending emails)
DNS Server Primary Address: A.B.C.D (Must be a DNS server capable of resolving the Email SMTP Server name listed below)

Email Gateway settings:
Administrator Email Address: This is the "RCPT FROM:" email address in SMTP
Email Real Name: Voicemail (or other user friendly name, optional but recommended)
EMail SMTP Server Port: 25 (if other ports are required can be changed, but authentication is not supported other than PLAIN, LOGIN, or CRAM-MD5)
Email SMTP Server: mail.rednecks.com (MUST be a DNS-resolvable domain name, IP addresses are not allowed)
Email System: SMTP
Email Username: username (Optional, only if the SMTP server requires PLAIN, LOGIN, or CRAM-MD5 authentication, the preferred method with Exchange is to allow anonymous relay from the Mitel 5000's IP address and use no Username/Password)
Gateway Password: password (if required, see above)

Then in a user's mailbox (1000 for example) Email Synchronization settings:
Email Synchronization Level: Forward & Copy (always try this until you know everything is working)
Email address for Voice Messages: billybob@rednecks.com (or any valid email address, preferably one residing on the email gateway initially, this will be presented in the MAIL TO: SMTP field)
Email Client Message Format: WAV (Don't use MP3 unless absolutely necessary, it really eats up processing power and conversion time, especially on long record a call sessions)

This should produce some kind of results and be duplicatable with success on multiple mailboxes or consistent failure, if failure then the various mail.xxx files in the logs should be useful to see where and what failed. If you can't get anything to work, try it manually via telnet from a PC on the same subnet as the 5000, this site can be useful for that: http://www.simplescripts.de/smtp-check-port-25-telnet-command.htm

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:40:28 AM by acejavelin »

Offline supermike

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 09:12:46 AM »
Actually, I find the V to E on the 5000 to be very easy... not 3300 easy, but pretty easy... If you go to the email settings and press F1 for help, everything you really need is there, same with the settings on the mailbox. I haven't seen a more clear document on how to set it up, although it does take a little playing with it (and sometimes looking at the logs for a bit) to get everything quite right.

But I can tell you, your settings as they are should NOT work... In EMail Gateway settings, the EMail SMTP Server settings must be a DNS-resolvable domain name, IP addresses are not allowed. You probably have more info in that area than is really needed too.

Also, for Enhanced Integration (not basic Forward or Copy&Forward) you are missing some fields in the mailbox, you must have a DNS-resolvable domain name of the mail server (ie. mail.mycompany.com), the username and password of the individual on that system, remember this is basically using an IMAP mail connection for that specific mailbox and is not like a BlackBerry Enterprise Manager connection. Basic Fwd or Copy&Fwd doesn't require any of those fields on the user level except email address, and will just pass the voicemail message to the SMTP server set in the Email Gateway settings.

When issues arise in configuring this, best to check the logs via the web portal, look ad the avdaplog.txt logs to make sure the voicemail is being converted to an email and the attempt is made, then check the maillog (or mainmail or mail.mainlog file depending on the system version)

So, that being said, try to get the basic (FWD or Fwd&Copy) working first... Generally all that is needed is:

IP Settings:
Base Server Hostame: Mitel5000 (used with the next option)
Domain Name: rednecks.com (added with above and presented as "HELO Mitel5000.rednecks.com" to the SMTP when sending emails)
DNS Server Primary Address: A.B.C.D (Must be a DNS server capable of resolving the Email SMTP Server name listed below)

Email Gateway settings:
Administrator Email Address: This is the "RCPT FROM:" email address in SMTP
Email Real Name: Voicemail (or other user friendly name, optional but recommended)
EMail SMTP Server Port: 25 (if other ports are required can be changed, but authentication is not supported other than PLAIN, LOGIN, or CRAM-MD5)
Email SMTP Server: mail.rednecks.com (MUST be a DNS-resolvable domain name, IP addresses are not allowed)
Email System: SMTP
Email Username: username (Optional, only if the SMTP server requires PLAIN, LOGIN, or CRAM-MD5 authentication, the preferred method with Exchange is to allow anonymous relay from the Mitel 5000's IP address and use no Username/Password)
Gateway Password: password (if required, see above)

Then in a user's mailbox (1000 for example) Email Synchronization settings:
Email Synchronization Level: Forward & Copy (always try this until you know everything is working)
Email address for Voice Messages: billybob@rednecks.com (or any valid email address, preferably one residing on the email gateway initially, this will be presented in the MAIL TO: SMTP field)
Email Client Message Format: WAV (Don't use MP3 unless absolutely necessary, it really eats up processing power and conversion time, especially on long record a call sessions)

This should produce some kind of results and be duplicatable with success on multiple mailboxes or consistent failure, if failure then the various mail.xxx files in the logs should be useful to see where and what failed. If you can't get anything to work, try it manually via telnet from a PC on the same subnet as the 5000, this site can be useful for that: http://www.simplescripts.de/smtp-check-port-25-telnet-command.htm

Just saying thanks before I try this stuff. I needed an over explained version of this like you have done. I really appreciate it!

Will check it out now and pray for the best  :D

Offline supermike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 09:53:57 AM »
ACE YOU ARE THE MAN.

The problem was DNS.

I was looking in the voicemail logs, not seeing much. Opened the mail logs and saw "message is frozen" and it was resolving our mail server to it's external IP. Connection refused.

I added the PBX network to our DNS to allow it to make queries. It was resolving to external, it needed to resolve to internal. BOOM! works!

EVERYTHING works!!!!! ACE YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 05:57:29 PM »
Awesome!!! I read that this morning after writing it half-asleep last night and wondered if it was more rambling than real information, but I am glad you got it working!!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10