Author Topic: ACD request  (Read 1770 times)

Offline ghost

• View Profile
ACD request
« on: March 13, 2013, 08:10:44 PM »
OK, I have just been in to see a volunteer group who needed some help with their phone system.

They currently have currently have an ACD group setup, but with the nature of the service they dont want calls to queue (so they want to give a carrier busy tone if all agents are on the phone)

I was looking at recommending they switch to a rotary hunt group and just add presence buttons to log in and out of the hunt group but they are using reporting tools that are setup with the ACD system.

Can I stop call queuing on an ACD group?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: ACD request
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:41:39 PM »
Can't stop the queuing in an ACD group.  That's what ACD is for, to queue the call.

You may be able to do it with a straight hunt group but even then it may be difficult.

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 12:17:42 PM »
Since that is totally against what an ACD group is for, then no you can't stop calls from queueing. You suggestion of a hunt group is the best answer. The reporting package still might give some infor even if they are not ACD agents.

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 10:34:48 PM »
I'm not sure what stats they need, but.. If you have the calls come into a queue that gives the caller a greeting ("thanks for calling, we'll be right with you"), then interflow to another queue and use the Path Unavailable Answer Point to the hunt group, you might at least be able to collect some stats from the greeting queue (time of calls, how many, etc).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10