Author Topic: SMDR Supress Digits?  (Read 2737 times)

Offline supermike

• View Profile
SMDR Supress Digits?
« on: March 13, 2013, 11:15:56 AM »
According tyo the help:

This information is located in System\Maintenance\SMDR.

All we have under system is:
Devices and Feature Codes
Email Gateway
file based MOH
Flags
HG Related Information
IP Settings
Phone Related Information
Timers and Limits
Trunk Related Information

Is there an account that will display these parts of the PBX?  We need to be able to edit the SMDR portion.

Thank you for any help.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SMDR Supress Digits?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 11:51:36 AM »
Your installer would either need to grant the appropriate access to your user account, or give you the maintenance-level user name and password.

I always lock out certain areas to end users, to prevent them from doing real damage to the system.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 12:57:24 PM »
I don't... I always give the customer full access, and setup automated backups to our server on a weekly basis (unless the system isn't reachable on from the Internet, but that is a "prerequisite customer requirement" on installation, if they absolutely refuse we set it up automated backups on a local server).

Then if they mess it up it's a billable service call to do a system restore... Thank you very much!!! :)

Offline supermike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 01:45:08 PM »
THANK YOU.

APPRECIATED VERY MUCH.!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE from supermike.

Offline supermike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 02:19:03 PM »
One last thing - Hey you have 420 posts, sweet.

The problem we are having is. our CC agents are being displayed the DESCRIPTION of the DID.

So in Call Routing -> 1 -> The DID in question has a description called "OMGOMGOMG" (example)

The DID points to a call routing announcement, the CRA(CallRoutingAnnouncement) has a USERNAME saying ENGLISHQUEUE

When a customer calls in to the DID, the agent's see

OMGOMGOMG transfer from ENGLISHQUEUE

Which to be honest is fine...

But when the agent's answer the phone it changes to "OMGOMGOMG" AND NOT ENGLISHQUEUE..WHY does the phone change the display after answering? This essentially means we cannot use autoconnect.

Why does it use the DESCRIPTION of the DID as the caller ID? Why does it use the USERNAME of the Call Routing Announcement to say where it's coming from? This is stupid. For our agents on autoconnect they will never see the name of the queue where the call came from, they will only see OMGOMGOMG.

Maybe you can point me in the right way..I used weird queue names so it would be easy to follow

I don't... I always give the customer full access, and setup automated backups to our server on a weekly basis (unless the system isn't reachable on from the Internet, but that is a "prerequisite customer requirement" on installation, if they absolutely refuse we set it up automated backups on a local server).

Then if they mess it up it's a billable service call to do a system restore... Thank you very much!!! :)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 04:59:32 PM »
This has nothing to do with SMDR... SMDR is Station Message Detail Reporting that is a data stream sent out for external processing like Call Cost Accounting or Bill-back systems, it has nothing to do with how information is displayed on the phones themselves.

The stuff you are looking for is related to how call information is displayed on the phones and is related to System or Station level flags.

You should look at System Flags -> Display Caller ID Name and Number, and Station Flags -> All Transient Displays, Expanded CO Call Information On Displays, and Outside Party Call Information Has Priority, read the help associated with these flags for more information.

The display shows the Description of the DNIS (DID) digits by design, it is intended to make it easier for the end user. Note that be default when a range is built the Description is automatically the DID digits and not a Name, we typically make the description the 10 digit phone number by default unless there is a specific reason to change it.

Dang it... just ruined my 420! :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:03:29 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10