Author Topic: UCA 5.1  (Read 4653 times)

Offline MCiccarone

• View Profile
UCA 5.1
« on: March 08, 2013, 01:06:03 PM »
I recently upgraded to software version 5.1 on my MAS server and upgraded my UCA client to v 5.1.27.  It appears that this version of the UCA client doesn't read the Outlook calendar very well.  Appointments that I have marked as busy make UCA status change to out of the office instead of in a meeting.  I've checked my configuration in the client.  Busy is set to change status to in a meeting not out of the office.

So after messing around for hours trying to figure out what's going on, I uninstalled my UCA client and went back to version 5.0.22 and the dynamic status works correctly.  Appointments marked as busy cause the UCA status to change to in a meeting and then revert back to the previous status after the appointment ends.

I'm running MS Outlook 2007 (not connected to exchange server).  Anyone else having this issue with dynamic status on 5.1.27?  I've got about 40 users who I've had to have disable Outlook Calendar Integration because UCA isn't reading their calendars correctly.

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
Re: UCA 5.1
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 04:33:23 PM »
I as well upgraded and have had some troubles.  I haven't had outlook calendar integration troubles, but had troubles dialing out at all.  What we had to do was go into the users profile, roaming folder (Windows 7) and into Mitel folder.  We zipped up the UC folder and then deleted it.  Open UCA and it would create a new UC folder and work fine after that.  Apparently there was something wrong with the upgrade path or something.

Downside..... Users would lose their contacts.  I am working on trying to get some of those back.  Some have worked by going into UC zipped folder that I kept and grabbing the contacts group and contacts files, but not for everyone.

So I didn't really answer your question, but gave you something to try.  Find a user without personal contacts and try it.

Offline MCiccarone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 04:40:57 PM »
There does seem to be a problem with the upgrade from UCA 5.0 to 5.1.  After messing around with the client and checking and double checking all settings I un-installed the UCA client 5.1 (upgraded from 5.0) and installed 5.1 from the MSI installer and all problems went away.

I think Mitel goofed on the upgrade.  I was contemplating doing a re-install on all my user's workstations but I'll try deleting the Mitel folder on a few workstations and see if that clears up the issue.  But what a pain in the ass this is if I have to re-install 60+ users.

I'm crossing my fingers.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 04:49:43 PM »
Another thing that's bugging me after we upgraded ours:

I do a lot of cut and paste in to the client for dialing.
I used to be able to directly cut and paste (248)555-1212 and it would work no problem.
But now the brackets break the dial.   I have to delete the brackets in order to dial.
Minor PITA but it's still annoying.  When I get some time I'll open a ticket with Mitel to see if a DPAR can get opened.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 07:45:12 PM »
There is a new release .33 available

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 06:14:02 AM »
When did .33 come out?

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 06:58:29 AM »
 2 days ago and just yesterday for MAS

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 09:14:52 PM »
Looks like .33 fixes the issues that were found in .27 with the operator console.

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 11:13:43 AM »
I did the .33 update.  Fixed most of my issues.  Still waiting to see if it fixed the outlook calendar sync yet.  Wasn't updating our status.  I am trying to determine today if the users state it is working or not.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10