Author Topic: 3300 Ring Busy when Busy  (Read 2675 times)

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
3300 Ring Busy when Busy
« on: March 08, 2013, 01:00:03 PM »
Hi All,

Strange one just now pointed out (after over a year in service)... If a extension is on a call and you attempt to ring that extension it will ring instead of giving a busy tone. Is there a way to change this? I dug around in the COS options but nothing stood out. SO basically if you are on a call we want it to ring busy instead of ringing x amount of times and going to voicemail.

Thanks!

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: 3300 Ring Busy when Busy
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 03:40:13 PM »
Its a setting in the COS for the extensions. needs to be Blank not zero and is the auto camp on timer

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 05:43:51 PM »
Thanks! Is there a way to get a busy signal though. I changed it and now it rings once and says "I'm sorry the person you are calling is currently on the phone" and it says that twice and then voicemail.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 09:39:49 PM »
Don't reroute to voice mail on a busy condition for that station

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 12:12:47 AM »
Got it... that raises two more questions for me:

1. Can I have it both ways? So when an outside caller hits the autoattendant and punches in an extension that it still routes to voicemail on busy but a call from extension to extension ring busy tone.

2. When it does go to voicemail have it not say "The person you have tried to reach is unavailable" twice and then play the voicemail greeting, just have it play the voicemail greeting.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 07:49:42 AM »
You should be able to specify external versus internal in the reroute assignment. It repeats because you have bilingual enabled in voice mail. You can change the behavior of the recording played, I think it's busy #5. Read the help file for detailed instructions.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10