Author Topic: Voicemail (nuPoint) issues  (Read 3748 times)

Offline evan631

• View Profile
Voicemail (nuPoint) issues
« on: March 08, 2013, 09:38:43 AM »
All of a sudden we are having some issues with Nupoint and our phones. 

First....when ever we press the flashing envelope button to access a new message, it does not ring the into VM, but instead we now get  "read message on the screen" of the 5330 phone.  Up until the other day, pressing this button would ring directly into the VM system.  We did not make any changes to the system.

This appears to be happening to all phones on the system. 

Also...we have 5 extensions that use Unified Messaging through the MAPI gateway.  All of a sudden this stopped working as well.  If i restart the MAPI gateway service, all VMs in the mailbox are emailed out, and will continue to work for a short time. 

I do see some errors in the event logs on the 2003 server with MAPI gateway....

Faulting application MitelMAPIGateway.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module EMSMDB32.DLL, version 6.5.8039.0, fault address 0x0000f8f8.

Any thoughts on these issues?

Thanks

-Evan

Offline evan631

• View Profile
Re: Voicemail (nuPoint) issues
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 02:21:03 PM »
just to add...

regarding the first issue...voicemail light.  There are voice mails in the system.  These are not call me back messages.  Which seems like that's what the voice mail is sending.  If i press call, it  does go into the vm system and i can retrieve the message.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 07:35:54 PM »
Did you recently upgrade to a newer version of software on your PBX?

Ralph

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 08:09:06 PM »
Did you recently upgrade to a newer version of software on your PBX?

Ralph

Thanks for the reply Ralph.  We have not upgraded anything with the  phone system.

One thing  that did happen...we did a disaster recovery test on our network (active directory), and one of the active directory FSMO roles did not come back as expected.  We had to manually recover the Schema master.  This could be the cause of our issue with the UM voicemail.  As of now that schema master role is on the proper server.

As for the VM button not working as it did prior to the other day....no clue what could be causing that either.

I am thinking of reinstalling the MAPI gateway tomorrow morning.  Any clue where I can safely download it.

Thanks again.

-Evan

Offline jbohannon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »
On our systems you have to press a line button first, then the clear mail button. Otherwise you get that message. I suspect it may have something to do with prime line.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10