Author Topic: How to program local DIDs to dial out over different trunks  (Read 9580 times)

Offline mgodinez

• View Profile
How to program local DIDs to dial out over different trunks
« on: March 07, 2013, 03:32:59 PM »
Hello,

We have a Mitel 3300 4.2 SP2 PR1.

I'm having problems sending specified DIDs over different trunks.  Not sure if this is even possible.  My setup so far looks like:

I have an analog CO line and have punched it down to a ls/gs plid.

Trunks -> Analog -> Analog trunks -> assigned the plid a trunk number (7000)

Trunks -> Analog -> Trunk Groups -> defined a trunk group number (5) and added trunk group member 7000

Call routing -> ARS -> ARS Routes -> defined route 12 as TDM Trunk Group, Trunk Group Number 5

Beyond that, I'm not sure how to route a local DID over this trunk group - outbound. 

Call routing -> ARS -> ARS Digits Dialed -> let's me define routes for DIDs that are not local.  But in my case, the DID is programmed as a DNI set on the controller I'm trying to dial out from.

Thanks for taking a look.

Regards,

Mike G.
Seattle, WA

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to program local DIDs to dial out over different trunks
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 07:00:41 PM »
Let us know what you are trying to do. It sound like you are trying to take and external dialed number and reroute it to another. If that is the case, put the DID value in system speed calls, make the speed call dial 9 plus new number. In ars make dialed string route through selected route that chooses the desired outbound trunk.

Offline mgodinez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:06:19 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I have a DID block - 1000 to 2000

I want DID number 1001 to go out over an LS/GS trunk.  While the other 999 DIDs go out over a PRI T1.

From my readings, I think this has to do w/ needing to dial a 9 for an outside line.  9 for an outside line corresponds to the PRI T1.

Do I need to define a different digit to choose the ls/gs trunk?  i.e. dial 8 for an outside line which would correspond to the ls/gs trunk route.

Thanks again for your reply :)

Regards,

Mike G.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 06:59:05 AM »
Do you mean you want outbound calls by station XXXX to use a specific trunk?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 07:28:45 AM »
DID is Direct INWARD dialling which may provide you with a clue to the answer.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 07:34:12 AM »
Howeevr to be a little more helpful on reflection....Your DID's will be set against the Pri T1 circuit and will not be able to be used by a LS trunk (which is a different circuit altogether) so the numbers will not transfer one to the other. The number presented by the LS trunk will be fixed. I think that answers your question.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 07:55:55 AM »
I may be way off on what you are trying to do but here is a try:

You want extension 1001 (I assume that is what you mean instead of DID) to have all of their calls go out through the LS trunk on the controller instead of the PRI.

You can either program a new leading digit/routes that use a trunk group with the LS trunk in it (easier of the two options).

Or you can build a COR that restricts that extension from using the routes that currently send the calls out of the PRI, build new routes that reference the LS trunk and make a route list(s) that all of the calls go through that will allow the system to send calls from 1001 through the LS trunk (more difficult of the options).

This is the quick and dirty high level overview that leaves out a lot of details. Personally, I would suggest you have your VAR do this for you because you could do a lot of damage to call functionality.

Also, is there a specific reason you need to do this?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 02:31:18 PM »
Or you can build a COR that restricts that extension from using the routes that currently send the calls out of the PRI, build new routes that reference the LS trunk and make a route list(s) that all of the calls go through that will allow the system to send calls from 1001 through the LS trunk (more difficult of the options).

Certainly what I would do. We still need to know whether the OP means a DID or station.

Offline mgodinez

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 05:07:26 PM »
I may be way off on what you are trying to do but here is a try:

You want extension 1001 (I assume that is what you mean instead of DID) to have all of their calls go out through the LS trunk on the controller instead of the PRI.

You can either program a new leading digit/routes that use a trunk group with the LS trunk in it (easier of the two options).

This is the quick and dirty high level overview that leaves out a lot of details. Personally, I would suggest you have your VAR do this for you because you could do a lot of damage to call functionality.

Also, is there a specific reason you need to do this?

Hello,

My apologies, I do mean extension - not DID.

Thank you for your replies.

Mattmayn - this is exactly what I'm trying to do.  I will see if I can get the COR working :)  Thanks again for your insight/advice.

We have a 'customer' using our PBX for their business.  The caller ID on our outbound trunks (PRI T1) shows our company name.  This is not acceptable.  Our thoughts were to get them their own line(s) from the CO (analog trunks) and have them dial out over that medium.  In hopes that the caller ID issue would be resolved.

Thank you all for taking a look.

Regards,

Mike G.
Seattle, WA

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 09:39:32 PM »
Ok.  Here's how it's done.
Put all your Copper trunks in one group.
Create a digit mod that absorbs 1 digit then inserts '<t01>'
In the call progress tone plan edit plan 1 and put a wait for tone for 1 second.
Create a new COR plan- suggest you review this doc (I wrote) here before getting started: Mitel ARS 
Plan on assigning a unique COR to the phone you want to use the copper trunks.  (Such as 34)
In the COR of the PRI routes add in the COR you'll assign to the extension (i.e. 34) and add it to the COR index number.

Create an ARS route to point to the new trunk group.   Test by setting up a specific number to dial in ARS Digits Dialed form to point to the new route.    Test by dialing the number and verifying it went out the copper trunks.

Create a route list that selects the PRI 1st for outbound then overflows to the new ARS route for the copper trunks.
Assign this new route list the the ARS digits dialed form for all the 9+ numbers.

Test.
Your phone should now route out the copper trunks.

Or you can also do it this way:
Add the copper trunks to the same trunk group that the PRIs are assigned to at the bottom.
In the interconnect restriction form restrict 2 in the 3 row.
In the trunk assignment form assign an interconnect of 2 to all your PRI trunks.
Assign an interconnect of 3 to the extension you want to restrict.
Now the extension will be restricted from using the PRI trunks.
You may have to add the '<T01>' in the digit mod also.

Ralph

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 07:40:54 AM »
If you just want the CLID to be different from yours, you could use CPN substitution or the associated number form to enter their number and associate it to their extensions. That would be the easiest thing to do.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 07:51:37 AM »
Depending on the carrier, they may be able to change the Caller ID Name for a specific number.
Have you asked them?

Ralph

Offline mgodinez

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 08:12:02 PM »
Depending on the carrier, they may be able to change the Caller ID Name for a specific number.
Have you asked them?

Ralph

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, Ralph *big hug*

I asked our carrier, and they were not able to do it for specific extensions/numbers. 

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mike G.
Seattle, WA

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 08:01:46 AM »
Thank you for your reply, Ralph *big hug*
Love hugs.  :)

Looks like your back to doing the rather complicated ARS set up.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10