Author Topic: Moving 700 IP sets from main 3300 to edge nodes.  (Read 2230 times)

Offline k.parrent

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Moving 700 IP sets from main 3300 to edge nodes.
« on: March 07, 2013, 02:20:35 PM »
Myself and a co-worker are going to take on the task of moving 700 IP users from a main MCD3300 R5 to various edge nodes in the same clustered network. All 5 nodes in the cluster are at the same release of software. R5 SP2 PR1. The 4 edge nodes are going to have to be upgraded from resilient gateways to actual controllers and licenses will have to be distributed to the edge nodes.
Has anyone worked on a project similar to this? I'm wondering what sort of unforeseen issues we might be up against? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Moving 700 IP sets from main 3300 to edge nodes.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 07:17:32 PM »
You may consider establishing a Designated License Manager. You could either relicense the remotes or replace them with base enterprise systems and distribute the licenses from the main site

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 04:12:05 PM »
I moved about 1800 users from a handful of LX controllers onto a pair of MXe Servers a couple years back. Those were all running release 9.0 at the time so we had to do it with OpsManager running SchedMAC's. I ended up breaking it up into 3 phases over a few weekends since we had to re-register each set after it was moved, so I'd do all the programming on Saturday and come back on Sunday with some helpers to re-register and test phones.

The single biggest headache I had was Ops failing to move the sets because of remote BLF's. It's also a good idea to export all of your set-specific data (keys, re-routes, station service, etc.) so that if it all goes south you can just blow away the set and rebuild it from your exported data. Also double check your resources & dimensions, particularly the stuff no one thinks about like the limit of 16 multicall appearances of a DN and Busy Lamp Groups.

Offline marcolive

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 12:14:26 PM »
Hi,

Without OPS I guess the only way to do that is to manually delete each extension on MCD A and to create it back on MCD B?

I don't know any other way. I'm I wrong?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 01:38:18 PM »
Export, delete from original node, and import into new node... doesn't help with licensing and may or may not help with groups, but much easier than handpunching everything.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10