Author Topic: 5224 w/multiple registrations - how do I use speed dial for non-primary?  (Read 2118 times)

Offline AndyInNYC

• View Profile
I have Mitel 5224 phones configured using the 8.x SIP firmware on an Asterisk/Freepbx system.  I really like the phones.

Each phone has two registrations - one primary (PBXA) to my internal PBX and one external (PBXB) to my consulting office's machine.

I can set speed dials in Key Programming and they will dial out using PBXA; I would like (especially for billing and CallerID purposes) to have speed dials set to dial out on PBXB.

I can assign a Shared Line with context (PBXB extension #), but I can't assign a dialing number - I just get a dial tone and get to remember/dial.

Is there a trick to having speed dial assignments that respect a registration?

Andrew

Offline AndyInNYC

• View Profile
Is this posted in the correct section?
Am I the only one to have stumbled upon this issue?

Andrew

Offline martyn

• View Profile
I would say that there might not be people who have tried SIP integration with Asterisk on here, as most of the focus is on 3300's and 5000's with the handsets running MITAI rather than SIP.

There might be someone that has tried this, but it might take a few days for people to log back on to the board as I'm guessing that not everyone looks every day, so you might yet get a solution or suggestion.

My only other suggestion would be to have a look at tek tips and see if anyone has any experience with this on there as well as there are some people that only post on there and not here and vice versa.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
One thing I might try would be to possibly set up an ata to the office, connect it to a local fxo port and let you local box control access. Like what was said, most of us use mitai and a Mitel controller

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10