Author Topic: MXE Hard drive Fails to rebuild  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Toody

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MXE Hard drive Fails to rebuild
« on: March 06, 2013, 03:37:19 PM »
I am a new user.
I have a 3300MXE which I have replaced a Hard Drive on and it fails when it gets about 10% into the Rebuild.
I have tried 3 different drives Including the 1 which I originally removed. (I am just replacing them due to the Age There was nothing wrong with them.) They all fail at the same place in the Rebuild.
I have also replaced the Raid Controller and the Drives Fail at the same place in the Rebuild.
It has been suggested there is a possiblity of the remaining HD1 has been Corupted in some way to make it stop the Mirroring Process. However since I used the HD2 which i had removed it is now of no use to use to rebild from.
Any suggestions! 

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: MXE Hard drive Fails to rebuild
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:10:31 AM »
How are you rebuilding? Using the software installer tool of manually? I would use the manual method ( as out lined in the tech hand book ) and make sure you use the FixPartion part to totally format the drive.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:12:52 AM »
Other thought is what load are you trying to build to? New loads setup two partitions so a drive from an older load needs to be reformated

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 10:07:52 AM »
I think the best bet here might be to start clean, remove the drives and connect to a PC and remove the partition tables, reinstall them in the controller and treat it like a new software install and relicense/restore.

Offline Toody

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 01:53:58 PM »
Ver 39-0-3-15
The Mirror Button on the back of the Controller is pressed and held for about 8sec and the Access LED Flasshes 2/sec. then the Mirroring starts.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10