Author Topic: New Site Won't Sync with Telephone Directory  (Read 4508 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
New Site Won't Sync with Telephone Directory
« on: March 06, 2013, 02:39:36 PM »
I've added a new site to our cluster and from that site when I made test calls to random numbers I was unable to. There's really no pattern as I can call one extension at site A and get through and call another ext at site A and receive an Invalid. When I go look in the remote directory the ext from the  failed call is not in there. Version 5.0 my provider wants me to upgrade to the latest but after reading through Ralph's post and some other comments I'm very hesitant to do so. I've tried re-syncing the main controller and the new one but a few hundred entries don't sync. Any ideas? SDS is turned on.

Thanks

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Re: New Site Won't Sync with Telephone Directory
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 03:15:10 PM »
After some further digging I found when syncing the two PBX's there was a check box next to "general system" and in there was telephone directory I checked this and the sync failed but in the logs there's no good description of why.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:26:35 AM »
You may have some issues in the telephone directory. I would run the migrate precheck command and see if it identifies any numbers with no names ( a no no ). Also go through the telephone directory and check for any enteries of names with no numbers.

What process did you use to add the system to the cluster and to setup SDS?

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 10:16:51 AM »
Once I put the new controller on our network and put the new network element and cluster ID in the main controller I then turned on sharing and let all the controllers sync up. For SDS I just keep the defaults and check off the one tab that highlights all the options. The numbers that are not syncing up do have a name and number. Last night I corrected all the sds errors on all our pbx's and rebooted 60% to make sure there was no alarms on any controller and it still won't sync. In the maintenance logs it successfully syncs all fields except the Telephone directory and it doesn't tell me why this is on the main controller. In the new site's logs for instance one of the logs Say's it cannot sync ext 5555 because the (the user ID provided was not known) but I don't know what the user ID is as there's no filed in the telephone directory that say's user ID. Any thought?

Thanks,

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10