Author Topic: 3 party conference call analog phone problem  (Read 4492 times)

Offline Mikey0

• View Profile
3 party conference call analog phone problem
« on: March 04, 2013, 03:08:57 PM »
Greetings!

I have a slight problem with connecting a 3 way conference all together, I'm using a Clear One Max Wireless analog conference phone and i'm trying to conference in a 3rd party.

I have 2 problems in 2 different locations on 2 different nodes!
1st: when I have the first party on the line, hit flash, i'm given a dial tone and call my 3rd party, once the 3rd party is connected and we're talking I hit the flash button again to connect all parties to the conference, the call then hangs up on the 2 person I called.
2nd: The same phone in another building on another node. That phone has a flash and conference button, however pressing the flash button does not do anything at all, doesn't place the current caller on conference hold, doesnt provide a new dial tone.

The only thing we've change over the years is the phone system itself, move from an AXXESS system in all locations to a Mitel5000. I can't say the conferencing ability has ever been tested on these phones since the upgrade, i've check all settings I can think of but have no doubt im overlooking something. Anyone have some ideas where i'm going wrong here?

Thanks for your time guys,
- Mike

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 3 party conference call analog phone problem
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:05:39 AM »
Simply performing a hookflash won’t set up a conference call; you need to use the conference feature. Default feature code is 5, yours might be different. From the manual:

Placing Ad Hoc Conference Calls
You can place an Ad Hoc conference call with up to three internal or external parties (for a total of four parties, including yourself).

To place a conference call:
1. While on a call, perform a hookflash, and then dial 5.
2. Place another call, then hookflash and dial 5. (If necessary, repeat this step to place one more call on hold.)
3. Perform a hookflash, and then dial 5 again to join all of the calls together in the
conference.

Dropping Out of a Conference
You can drop out of a conference and return to the conference later.

To drop out of a conference:
Perform a hookflash and hang up. This removes your phone from the conference, but leaves the other parties connected. To return to the conference, lift the handset, and then dial 5.

Ending a Conference and Placing all Parties on Hold
You can end a conference and place all conference parties on Individual Hold, allowing you to toggle between the held parties and speak to one party at a time.

To place a call on hold:
1. Perform a hookflash, and then dial 336.
2. Hang up or place another call.

To return to a call that is on hold:
1. Lift the handset or perform a hookflash.
2. Dial 336.

Offline Mikey0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »
DND ON you're always so helpful, i'll give that a shot when the conference room clears up. I assume since these are analog phones without a special key they're not required to use a special key in order to activate feature code dialing like i do on my digital phones?

I'll post back with my results. My predecessor had instructional cards printed off for these conference phone stating to hit the flash key then the conference key, these phones done have a conference key on them.

Any ideas on why the hookflash key does nothing for device on a different node?... actually thinking about it I think I just answered my own question, the hookflash setting on the phone is probably set too fast and not actually triggering a hookflash... I'll check these issues out and let you know my results with your help. Thanks!

Offline Mikey0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 02:24:45 PM »
Worked like a charm, I'm guessing whatever settings were in place for the phones previous to our move to the 5000 didn't come over with it, I can only guess that at this point since the analog phones dont have keymaps, only default programmable buttons, go figure!

flash then 5 worked to put together the conference without any problem at all, thanks DND!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10