Author Topic: Announcements and engaged tone  (Read 2873 times)

Offline wilsonjc

• View Profile
Announcements and engaged tone
« on: March 01, 2013, 09:48:02 AM »
Hi All.

I promise the course is booked :) but I have two questions one minor and one major. Here goes.

How does someone record an announcement for the groups, its a your call is important to us please hold etc. also related how do you make it repeat after X seconds is this controlled by the announcement timer in the hunt group?

Also,

our customer wants there unused DDI's to ring engaged, is this possible?

Thanks again.

John

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Announcements and engaged tone
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 12:40:34 PM »
Setup a Call routing application called busy or whatever, record a Audio text recording with your busy message, apply this recording to the Busy call routing application.

In your hunt group set the busy call routing application as the overflow and announcement greeting, announcement will kick in once then overflow will repeat according to the timers. I normally have a sorry message for announcement then a really sorry message for overflow if the customer wants these greetings.

For the unused DDIs I would create a Call routing application that has no messages and just hangs up straight away. So you would call the DDI then just get cut off immediately.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 12:43:12 PM »
Dave posted while I was typing, but I’ll post it anyway…

You would assign a Call Routing Announcement (CRA), with an appropriate greeting, as the Announcement and Overflow stations in the hunt group.

An Announcement is played once. An Overflow is played each time the Overflow timer expires. They can both be the same CRA, or different ones. In programming, go to hunt groups and press F1 for help. It’s explained pretty well.

The Time Out destination on the CRA needs to be Hang Up. Anything else will pull the call out of queue.

As to your unused numbers, you could point them to a CRA that plays a few seconds of busy signal and drops the call. Low tech, but it works. Just keep the recording short, as you’re using a voice mail port for the duration of the call.

Offline wilsonjc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 07:02:10 AM »
Thanks Guys.

Makes sense to me, I'll give that a whirl

John

Offline wilsonjc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 06:18:40 AM »
hi guys.

another question related to this,

our customer has had some professionally recorded announcements done, i've converted them into the same format as the moh (assuming thats correct), can i upload them to the system?

john

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 01:30:11 PM »
No, you will have to rig up a Curly cord to Headphone jack adaptor to record from a PC to the system via a phone.

Offline wilsonjc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 05:36:23 AM »
ok, time to tinker then!

Thanks again for the help

John

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10