Author Topic: Mass Configuration Edit  (Read 2011 times)

Offline sfernandes

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mass Configuration Edit
« on: February 28, 2013, 01:03:30 PM »
Hey Guys,

Currently I have 200+ phones that have a hard coded vlan ID and a priority tag. I want to change those options and am wondering if there is a quicker way to do so that to go to each phone and change the hard coded settings.

Is there a configuration file I can edit that the phones pull from the TFTP server?

Not sure if this is possible, but if it is, it would be really appreciated. If not possible, I will have to bear the consequences of hard coding. :)

Thanks,

Steve

Offline Dutch

• View Profile
Re: Mass Configuration Edit
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 01:36:32 PM »
Though one. Maybe someone else has a way better solution, but I only know the following which has a good news part and a bad news part:

Good news to make changes easy for the future:
A way is to activate CDP/LLDP on your switches if they support that so the phones auto hop to the voice vlan (whatever that might be) and get a DHCP request from the Mitel.

If your switches don't support that you could setup the DHCP server in your data vlan to include a scope and the necessary options for voice so they get an address, switch to the correct vlan, use the correct prio, tftp the software and connect to the correct call server. This way its centralized and easily changed aside from the switch config changes.

The bad news part is:
Whatever you do, I think you still have to access all the phones and set the Static IP4 settings under network settings to default (0) if you plan use one of the above options of which I think the CDP/LLDP option is certainly the best way to go. But it would be the last time that you have to do it :)

Dutch

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:52:59 PM by Dutch »

Offline sfernandes

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Configuration Edit
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 02:21:51 PM »
 Good news part is that is exactly what I am trying to do, as we have two sites, and I am trying to do one of two things. Implement proper QOS and save my colleagues the trouble of reconfiguring the phones each times someone moves two and from our two sites.

I have CDP all setup and working, and I am trying to slowly plug away at the list of static phones. Hahaha but yeah, which puts me exactly in the bad news part of the scope.

Thanks though.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10