Author Topic: 3300 Media Gateway PRI redirect issue  (Read 2055 times)

Offline maynard001

• View Profile
3300 Media Gateway PRI redirect issue
« on: February 28, 2013, 10:50:39 AM »
We're attempting to forward calls externally to a cell phone.  Our carrier is rejecting the call because they need us to fill out some sort of a re-direct form in our ISDN config.  Basically...they want us to send both the originally dialed internal number as well as the originating caller ID from the external call.  I'm not sure where to modify this on the 3300.

Any ideas?

Offline Dutch

• View Profile
Re: 3300 Media Gateway PRI redirect issue
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 01:14:12 PM »
I might be totally wrong here but if I understand/interpret your issue correctly, it looks awfully like a situation, where you try to show the initial caller ID on the cell phone instead of the caller ID of your Mitel. In some cases providers block that since you try to forward a number as CLI that is not your's.

What you could check is the following: Look in the "Protocol assignment" of your PRI (I guess T1 for US) and check what the "Replace External CLID" is set to. If it is unchecked, check it and see if the forwarding works.

But as said I might be wrong but I hope I interpreted it correctly.

Dutch
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:52:09 PM by Dutch »

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 08:31:55 AM »
Am confused as you are Dutch. You can quite easily forward a call to a cell phone with some minor programming changes. Are you trying to forward it without tieing up two trunks or trying to forwared it permanently in the CO? Again not sure I understand the issue.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 08:10:57 AM »
What carrier are you using? I know that in order to do this some providers require a feature they call "Enterprise Trunking." Which is a billable feature of course. If you do not want/need this feature then do what Dutch is saying and the calls should go through showing your BTN or whatever you have set to show out of your circuit.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10