Author Topic: Licensing Mitel UCC: 50 Standard User Licenses for Enterprise (V1)  (Read 7354 times)

Offline wilba

• View Profile
Hi All, I'm new to this Forum and looking for an answer to licensing. We have purchased the above license for a client and I'm wondering where this needs to be installed. The client has MAS, UCA and MCD. As the License seems to contain multiple different options within it, I'm not sure where it needs to be attached to / installed. I did try attaching it to the UCA server on the AMC but generates the following (This product is missing a required base product component that must be attached to this application record first.)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Licensing Mitel UCC: 50 Standard User Licenses for Enterprise (V1)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 06:52:26 AM »
Is the UCA standalone or part of MAS?

Offline wilba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 05:51:12 PM »
The UCA is standalone

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 12:32:09 AM »
I'm not sure of the rules(I know you can have only 1 mas), but for the ones I've done this is how I did it. Order UCC license manager. Created an app record and apply license to it, this becomes the Group ARID. From within this record, add the records to be managed by the group. Assigned the UCC licenses to the group and they are distributed from there.

I haven't done any with a separate UCA, only MAS and MCD.

UCC licensing basically sucks. When you add a user to MCD, you have to make sure you choose multi device during creation, then go to groups and add the new extension in the multi group. You can then go and add multicall keys etal. I haven't done the new dual thing in V6, but it looks interesting

Offline Chriso

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 08:30:20 AM »
Since the UCC license bundle contains licenses for MCD and MAS you first need to create a Unified License Manager or ULM on the customer AMC record.  This is done using part number 54005769 which is a no charge number.  This will be a separate application record.  You then add all MCD and MAS app records to this group.  Licenses are then available to be used on the appropriate application.

And yes UCC licensing does suck for a few reasons but primarily the multi-device license.  We have found a few problems with them.  The biggest is that you cannot use Key map templates to program buttons on devices programmed as multi-device.

Offline wilba

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 11:21:27 PM »
Thanks for the responces. This indeed looks like the solution. We have ordered the Free part number and will progress from there. Thanks again

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10