Author Topic: Busy lamp field on mitel 5220 and 3300 system  (Read 2473 times)

Offline KENTHEPHONEMAN

• View Profile
Busy lamp field on mitel 5220 and 3300 system
« on: February 21, 2013, 08:04:29 PM »
I have a Mitel 3300 (not sure of vintage) with 12 5220 sets. I am trying to be able to set an PSTN trunk to be accessed as a key system and have it show on all the phones.
I can do this by programming the trunks as DTS trunks but then incoming calls only go to the keys selected.

The problem is that when I do this my night service to VM or ns2 to another station doesn't work and I can't forward the primary phone to voice mail either.

What I really want to do is to be able to select any trunk by pressing one of the keys and have it show busy on all the other phones and still have all the flexibility of night service for the trunks.

Help!!!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Busy lamp field on mitel 5220 and 3300 system
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:55:18 PM »
I have a Mitel 3300 (not sure of vintage) with 12 5220 sets. I am trying to be able to set an PSTN trunk to be accessed as a key system and have it show on all the phones.
I can do this by programming the trunks as DTS trunks but then incoming calls only go to the keys selected.

The problem is that when I do this my night service to VM or ns2 to another station doesn't work and I can't forward the primary phone to voice mail either.

What I really want to do is to be able to select any trunk by pressing one of the keys and have it show busy on all the other phones and still have all the flexibility of night service for the trunks.

Help!!!
To my knowledge the 3300 is not capable of all this in combination, it is just not the type of application that the 3300 was intended for.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 12:09:41 PM »
it is just not the type of application that the 3300 was intended for.

Agreed.

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:54:25 AM »
The 3300 is not a key system so it  is not surprising you can't program it that way. The best you can likely do is create a hunt group of keys and then put these group of keys on all sets. Then point all your turnks to the keys. That way at least you can answer a flashing button and place it on hold on all sets. Why you would want to access individual lines for outgoing is beyond me but I am felxable enough to say there might be an application. There is no easy way to do that.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 08:08:22 AM »
The best you can likely do is create a hunt group of keys and then put these group of keys on all sets.

I agree with LoopyLou on this one.  This is how it's normally done to simulate key systems.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10