Author Topic: Mitel 3300CX II Password Recovery  (Read 7240 times)

Offline ineedhelp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300CX II Password Recovery
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:55:21 PM »
We just lost a drive on our 3300 and replaced it and executed a database restore but our system level password doesn't work. Our other passwords and user names work fine but don't have root level access. Is there a way to reset this username/password or all usernames/passwords with out a fresh install and hand program?
Release level: 5.0 SP2 PR2
ASL: 11.0.2.66

Thanks for the help.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300CX II Password Recovery
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »
You used to be able to log on via the serial port and issue a reset all passwords command (ResetAllLoginPasswords (no underscores) from the RTC shell (Telnet port 2002). 

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 03:35:02 PM »
Did you load a fresh install of MCD 5 then login to the ESM to restore?  In which case were you prompted to set a password for the system user?

Offline ineedhelp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 08:50:45 AM »
Yes, that's the way the technician did it.  I wasn't prompted to change password.  My login wouldn't work anymore.  So the technician logged in under their sys account and deleted my account.  I was able to login after that.  Now, I can't make the changes that I used to be able to make.  When I hit Save after a change it just spins.    There are several accounts that were created and a few have root access and I was looking to recover a password to one of those accounts.  I guess the reason I can't make changes is because he removed my root access.  I can't even do a Backup of the system now.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 07:58:19 AM »
You try the system level default? Not being able to do a backup might make sence but I would have thought if yolu didn't have proper access you would not be able to hit the change button.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10