Author Topic: Configuring an Polycom IP7000 conference phone to be connected to Mitel MXe 3300  (Read 15027 times)

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Purchased a new IP 7000 Conference Phone, now need it to communicate to our Mitel MXe controller, does anyone know how to active/configure it.  I do get a dial tone, but that's it.  Any advise would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Offline glenndmartin

• View Profile
Hello Mate

give this a go

http://domino1.mitel.com/prodsupp/prodsupkb.nsf/byauthor/03952A08DD798DFB85257AA0004CDD5A?opendocument

also you will need to setup a custom dial plan for the phone if you get stuck let me know and i will post a working one that i use

I have also found that these work alot better in a voice only port on a switch

Offline august

• View Profile
Here is a step by step on how to do it.

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Under the License and Option Selection category, the Licentsed Options unter that is Users, there is not an entry for SIP User Licenses.  Only place there is a SIP entrty is under Licensed Options - Trunking/Networking and SIP Trunks listed under it.  Is there someone else the SIP License information could be?

Offline xrds

• View Profile

Glenndmartin,

The link you provided  took me to Login to Mitle Online, is that what the link is supposed to do?  Thanks.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
In  newer siftware there is no long a difference between a Mitel phone user or a SIP phone user

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
There is no difference in the licensing for a SIP phone and a normal phone. There still is programming differences in the 3300. With another Polycom conference unit we had to set it up as a SIP extension but then had to setup a dial plan within the Polycom to allow it to make any calls.

Offline xrds

• View Profile

Followed the instructions that was sent to me.  Configured IP 7000's IP Configuration Utility, the COS, the SIP Device Capabilities,  the Users and Devices, but in Users and Devices I can't seem to input the MAC Address, the field is grayed out.  Trying to get conference phone to ring, but I'm thinking if it doesn't show/have MAC Add. in Mitel 3300 how can it ring.  Don't know why it's not letting me put in MAC Add., any suggestions?  Thanks.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Yeah checked my system and you can't add a MAC to a SIP device. Might be security related so that you have to have the device register or its tied to the new SIP phone that is part of UCA 5.1. In UCA 5.1 you can setup a SIP phone as your softphone and on another device like an iPhone. The same SIP extension can be used on multiple devices ( just not on the same time ) so that might be why it doesn't tie a MAC to a SIP extension. Just my 2 cents.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
I don't think SIP devices use MAC addresses since it is based on IP registration.

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Just a thought but I seem to recall that the iP7000 needs release 9 or higher software to work.....

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Yeah, got the phone to make outgoing calls and receiving incoming calls, now, in the Web Utility I’m having a problem with setting time/date, the conf. phone (incorrect time/date) keeps flashing.  I think I’m not putting in the correct SNTP Server information, I used the NTP Svr. Information from the Controller that the conference phone is configured on, but that still didn’t change it, any ideas/suggestions as to what the correct SNTP Svr. Info. could be.  Also in the Web Utility I made the GMT Offset to -8, hope that’s  right too?  Scratching my head!!!!  Help...., please

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Hoorah, Thanks for everyone's help.
Phone has a dial tone, I can dial outside but only one number, but can't make outside multiple calls, when I go to add an outside line to conference, I put in the 4th digit for instance (9131 for 9-1-310-829-7391) it immediately goes busy.  I think there is a setting in the Class of Service that needs to be changed in order to add multiple calls from outside or inside.  I can call and conference only 2 internal extensions.  Any suggestions on why it won't let me add calls?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
I'm assuming you looked at the System Options to be sure you can conf in the max number of trunks?

Ralph

Offline august

• View Profile
It's probably your dial plan from the polycom.

Copy and paste the dial plan, erase it and save the config.

Since you have no dial plan, you will have to wait a few seconds before the digits are outpulse or press # to send the digit as soon as you have finish to dial your number.

If it work, you can replace your dial plan by changing it to work properly.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10