Author Topic: Setting up Paging - Mitel 3300  (Read 5765 times)

Offline otejunk

• View Profile
Setting up Paging - Mitel 3300
« on: February 13, 2013, 03:00:58 PM »
I have to ask, been combing through and cant seem to find what Im looking for -

I work for a school district, last year we switched from copper to VoIP.. Mitel 3300 MXe, 4.2 MCD, 10.2.2.10 load....... I've been setting up different paging groups so the administrators can quickly do a group page at there school if there needs to be a lock down or notification of a person on grounds, they can do so without using the PA system.

So I have set up 4 buildings so far and all is well, most have between 30 & 50 devices... one had 60.... Now I am to our Middle school, which has 80 devices (mix of 5312 & 5340 phones) - my limit per paging group is 64... any suggestions or recommendations on how to get around the 64 device limit so I dont need to create two seperate paging groups for this one building?   It sort of defeats the purpose of a quick notification when someone is in a hurry if you have to dial multiple groups....

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas to get around the 64 limit per page group...

Any recommendations would be appreciated...

thanks in advance...

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Setting up Paging - Mitel 3300
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 05:05:08 PM »
I have been down this road before, unfortunately there is no way to do a phone page to a group larger than 64 phones, but does the school have a traditional room intercom system? If so, you can probably put in a Mitel paging unit (or sacrifice a 5312 phone and hack out the speaker) and go into the Common Audible/Auxiliary input and page over the existing system.

Offline otejunk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 09:28:39 AM »
Thanks Ace... yup already have the paging unit in place.. that is how we do the daily announcements over the entire campus.

With all the school issues happening, the administrators are looking for something more private, as not to cause mass panic.  rather then blasting "CODE 60 Lock down" through the PA, they want the ability to say it discretely through the paging system so, if by chance, there is someone in the building, the teachers can lock down without the person on campus knowing....

My first though was, really?  I would want every single person in and around the school to know there was someone on site, but after they explained it, I suppose I can see there reasoning and not wanting to cause mass panic, even if I am not totally bought into it...

If anyone else has thoughts, let me know..

Thanks again Ace...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:53:38 AM by otejunk »

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 10:14:54 AM »
Is there not a unit...Blazefire IIRC....that does this for you. It uses concurrect pages so that it appears all are being paged at once and overcomes the group restriction?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 07:27:39 AM »
A Mitel partner called Benbria sell Blazecast. It is a product that is specifically targeted at your situation i.e lock downs in schools. I saw a demo once and it is a great product for that purpose and does a lot. It is the only way I know of to get around the 64 member limit. Because it is separate from the Mitel it has no limits ( or at least much larger limits ) on the number of sets it can page at once. Not sure the price. 

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 11:47:59 AM »
Ah, blazecast....not so far away then....

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 07:19:07 AM »
You were close.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10