Author Topic: Mitel 3300 and MultiTech FaxFinder FF440 (Analog)  (Read 10391 times)

Offline swoods79

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 and MultiTech FaxFinder FF440 (Analog)
« on: February 12, 2013, 10:07:06 PM »
We have a block of 100 DID's that are used for dedicated fax lines for employees.  For the purposes of discussion, let's say this range is XXX-2000 to XXX-2099.  We have a 4-port analog FaxFinder connected to the 3300.  The four ports are setup on the 3300 as 712, 713, 714, and 715 respectively.  These are in a hunt group number 741.

The DID's are configured as line key appearances on a "phantom" 5340 and route directly to the 741 hunt group.  Faxing is working as expected...the DTMF digits are passed through to the FaxFinder when one of the four modems answers the call.

Whenever all four lines within the 741 hunt group are busy, calls that come in from outside continue to ring (camp on) instead of receiving a busy signal.

Whenever all four lines within the 741 hunt group are busy, if I call one of the DID's internally (calling extension 2001 for example), I receive a busy signal.

I'm not a telephony guy so I am wondering if this is normal or is there something misconfigured and the calls should not camp on when all four fax modems are busy?

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.  I used Ralph's excellent advise from another thread to get this initial configuration working and am wondering if perhaps I missed something simple.

Thanks!

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 and MultiTech FaxFinder FF440 (Analog)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 05:27:10 AM »
Auto camp on timer should be set to blank (not zero but blank) in the Class of service for the group or the class of service for the first device in the group.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:05:11 AM »
I think x-man nailed it.   

Ralph

Offline swoods79

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 01:16:49 PM »
Still no luck.  After making this change when all four analog lines are in use I receive busy internally but am able to camp on when dialing in externally.

Is there anything that jumps out at you as not being properly configured?  I've attached a PDF containing screenshots of the entire configuration.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 02:00:30 PM »
Try setting the timer in the analog lines COS.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 02:04:27 PM »
Sorry, ignore that...load of rubbish. apologies.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 02:12:22 PM »
If there is a free member in the hunt group, that station is rung by a caller who accesses the group. If the hunt group is busy, one of the following operations take place:

An internal caller receives busy tone and has the option of going on-hook, setting a callback, or camping on.

A DIL caller receives ringback tone (from the CO or the distant system) and is placed in a first-in, first-out call queue within the system.

A DID trunk caller receives busy tone.

A transferred trunk call receives music or silence.

The first member of the hunt group to become free is connected to the next waiting caller.

So is it a hunt group or a ring group?

Other features of Ring Groups:

calls queue if there is no free member to ring
calls unanswered within a specified period are sent to the group's designated overflow destination

member phones with large displays show both the group and caller name and number when the group is rung. Small-display phones show the ring group only.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 02:28:33 PM »
Your ring group is programmed as voicemail instead of voice jumps out.

I wonder if it is the call re-routing that is the problem....why not just program the DID's as speedcalls to the group? No rerouting needed and no phantoms

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 02:42:01 PM »
Your ring group is programmed as voicemail instead of voice jumps out.

We normally set up voice mail hunt groups for this type of application.

In the back of my mind I seem to remember that we had to blank the auto campon timer in the trunks too. 
I know that doesn't make sense but I'm getting that nagging feeling that's how I had to resolve this before.

Ralph

Offline swoods79

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 02:45:02 PM »
We had played around with the speed call configuration.  For example, say we have a speed call for 2379.  We would need to point it to 741 (the hunt group for the FaxFinder).  The problem is, and I could be mistaken, the DTMF digits do not pass through.  To get around this you have to point the speed call to 741P2379 which forces it to pause and then pulse out the 2379 digits.  This works most of the time; however, sometimes the digits are already pulsed out before one of the modems are available to answer.

I read on here Ralph's solution to use a phantom 5340 with the fax DID's as key line appearances and thus here we are.

Offline swoods79

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 02:56:50 PM »
I checked the COS for the trunk labeled "PRI Trunks" and the auto campon timer is already blanked out (it is NOT set to zero).

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 07:06:46 AM »
Hmmm, I have used a speed call to point DDi's at a hunt group with faxes with no problem....only two faxes mind and physical machines.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 07:10:57 AM »
Just a thought...you don't have a ring group programmed as well do you? Re, my post further up with the help file scenarios in bold.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 07:30:37 AM »
think what you are seeing is normal.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 07:40:09 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've had this resolved before via COS (both on trunks, hunt group and stations)

But, there is another work around.

Program a loop back trunk on the system with the number of simultaneous calls matching the number of hunt group members.
Route the call through the loop back trunk before hitting the hunt group.

Now, per the DOCs, you can't camp on to an XNET trunk group so you will get a busy.

That's a lot of work though.   Might just be easier to expand the fax hunt group.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10