Author Topic: 5000 - Call Waiting and Outgoing CLI  (Read 3199 times)

Offline rjmarsden

• View Profile
5000 - Call Waiting and Outgoing CLI
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:23:18 AM »
Hello all

I am fairly new to the 5000 and I can't seem to work out how make the system show the DDI (DID) of the user instead of the main number on the ISDN circuit.

I am also having problems getting call waiting (line 2) working on the handsets as well - I've followed all the documentation on this one but with still no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers  :)

Offline JHFC

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: 5000 - Call Waiting and Outgoing CLI
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 10:59:29 AM »
Program the DID on each stations calling party number, if you highlight the station on the left hand side you will see the area in the pane on the right about 3/4 of the way down "calling party number". Program the number there and you should be good to go as long as you are calls are routing out the T1.

Need a little more info on the call waiting. Make sure you have multiple call keys and that the busy condition is not checked on the forwarding path. This assumes that the 2nd call is simply going straight to voicemail.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 5000 - Call Waiting and Outgoing CLI
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 02:46:15 PM »
Program the DID on each stations calling party number, if you highlight the station on the left hand side you will see the area in the pane on the right about 3/4 of the way down "calling party number". Program the number there and you should be good to go as long as you are calls are routing out the T1 PRI Circuit.

Need a little more info on the call waiting. Make sure you have multiple call keys and that the busy condition is not checked on the forwarding path. This assumes that the 2nd call is simply going straight to voicemail.
Note that a PRI or SIP trunking is almost always required to send outbound Caller ID, also some providers automatically insert the main number for outgoing calls, if you have a outbound CID number on a user and it is not showing up on the far end, check with your carrier to make sure that they allow this, most allow it (as long as it is a DID number assigned to that circuit) but some do not by default and you have to request it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10