Author Topic: Routing all inbound external calls to a external number  (Read 3091 times)

Offline rmoxon

• View Profile
Routing all inbound external calls to a external number
« on: February 06, 2013, 11:23:13 PM »
Hi,

We are closing a location and the new telecom provider dropped the ball on getting the numbers ported to new location. Until then we need to forward all incoming calls from the old location to the new location.

I did some searching and it would seem the easiest way to do it would be to use the night mode setting. I want to know if I'm on the right track and if so am looking for some guidance in setting it up.

Mitel 3300 CX Release 4.0 SP2

Thx. Russell

Offline ghost

• View Profile
Re: Routing all inbound external calls to a external number
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 11:30:23 PM »
You will need to create a system speed call to the new destination number

Then in the rerouting tables create a rerouting to the speed call

If this does not work straight up you may need to check your cos to make sure it allows trunk to trunk calls

Offline rmoxon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 12:09:50 AM »
Thanks for the response.

I have created the system speed call (5889) pointing to the external number.

I then looked at the Call Rerouting Always Assignment and noticed there is a entry (2) which has all settings to reroute and then points to the Directory number for our attendant (5700).

Can I just change the directory number on this entry to the system speed call I created?

Thx, Russ

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 04:14:06 AM »
Yes but you need that to be in the 'Always Alternative ' section of call rerouting if you are using night service. Change the number you wish to reroute (am assuming that it has an entry in the re route form ) and under night service 1 change that to the index number that is created in always alternative form that re routes to the speedcall.

Put the system in night one and it should work assuming COS is set correctly.

Note. This will use double the lines per call of course so you will only be able to route half as many incoming calls as you have lines.

We have all assumed isdn lines as analog would have to be done differently. A lot depends on how you answer calls at present.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 08:06:50 AM »
Question: are the locations connected via IP trunks and what are the Telco connections? If the trunks are copper then the answer point will be in the trunk attributes for so you need to see what the answer point and do as suggested and use rerouting. If the trunks are a PRI then calls are routed based on digits received from the carrier. If the sites were connected by IP trunks and in a cluster then you could simply move the extension that is the answer point to the new location i.e a console.

Offline rmoxon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 11:12:48 AM »
No the sies are using different phones systems and are not networked.

The solution provided by ghost worked.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10