Author Topic: CCM Vapp  (Read 3362 times)

Offline glenndmartin

• View Profile
CCM Vapp
« on: February 06, 2013, 04:24:49 AM »
Hello

should the vapp include a Windows 2008 r 2 license ?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: CCM Vapp
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:00:53 AM »
There a CCM vapp? or are you just installing CCM in a virtual solution. If so what virtual environment? In my thinking you create a virtual machine using the 2008 and then install CCM on it.

Offline glenndmartin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:12:38 AM »
Yep there is a vapp for CCM 6.0 under the downloads on MOl

it installs everything you need but is asking for a windows key

Also need to have a Mitel vCCM license

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 01:24:40 PM »
no you need to buy your own license, to be honest I have deployed both the vApp and also installed on a 2008 pre built image, the difference in time between the two was minutes so not really any benefit in deploying vApp

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 04:26:24 PM »
Yes you do have to provide your own key for windows, and I think from memory it needs to be a volume licence key, and can't be retail or oem.

Never bothered with it though as it's just as easy to get a vm running from a template that is already patched, and has the correct settings for the domain, etc.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 09:58:06 AM »
Yes any vapp needs a license to be purchased and it make sense you would need a license for 2008. It is an interesting option however to be able to get the vapp with 2008 already in the mix as it would save having to locate a 2008 DVD if you needed a quick reinstall.

Offline glenndmartin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 03:26:43 AM »
thanks for the feedback

i am only using it because the customer saw it on MOL and likes anything with a V in front

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 08:26:08 AM »
Would think it would speed up installation over having to install a 2008 virtual machine then install PF on top of that. I'm all for speeding up installs and upgrades in this fashion.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 05:25:22 PM »
see my previous post, it doesnt speed you up at all, you have to download the vapp which is huge, then deploy it. Once deployed you can start the server and it will run through a very slow Microsoft wizard to put the license in and set up updates etc. When this is complete the PF config will start, At this point you will have a DHCP address so if you continue you will have to run the IP Address change wizard after.

The sensible option for any customer is to have 2008 server image fully patched ready to go with all their customisations already installed. deploy this with a static IP and run the CCM setup.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10