Author Topic: Upgrading to 6.0  (Read 9335 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Upgrading to 6.0
« on: February 04, 2013, 05:52:20 PM »
Anybody done any upgrades to 6.0 yet? I am planning on doing an upgrade to a small 3 site cluster Wednesday night well after business hours from 4.2 to 6.0, just wondering if anyone has done any upgrades to 6.0 yet, ran into any issues or problems, etc?

Offline spec484

• View Profile
Re: Upgrading to 6.0
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 05:58:59 PM »
Upgraded a 4.0 system to 6.0 and no problems yet from customer

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 06:08:21 PM »
I upgraded a partially programmed 5.0 bench setup and it went okay

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 07:30:56 PM »
The only one I've done so far is vMCD, so that doesn't really count I guess. Have got a controller lined up in the lab to test, but haven't had time to yet.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 10:16:12 PM »
Cool, I just hadn't even done my test bench CX2 yet, my only real concern is this one has a bunch of old phones, like 5010s and 5020s, and the three sites are spread out quite a bit, it will be a 150 mile drive to the main location, doing the upgrade well they are closed on all 3 sites from there (one onsite, one 40 miles away, one 80 miles in the opposite direction) then drive back to my office that night... I am hoping it is fairly issue free, I am only going onsite because of the speed of their network, and I don't want to have to run back the next day. Upgrading from 4.0 to 4.2 was fairly uneventful if I remember correctly, so I am hoping this one will go smooth.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 08:17:27 AM »
My techs just upgraded a cluster of about 10.   
The only issue they came across has to do with the new feature where you can transfer someone directly to a VM box.
Apparently, if your message light is flashing and you pick up the handset 1st and press the envelope button you get "not allowed".
Minor bug.

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 09:11:36 AM »
Upgraded two CXi's. Only issue was self caused in that the SWA had expired for one( secondary ). The install on that system completed but it didn't restore the database because it couldn't sync the licenses. One SWA restored, licenses retrieved datarestore went ahead ok. Everything fine now. For a test I did a manual upgrade and it went fine as well except again I have an AMC issue which is preventing the license retrieval. This is a lab system with SWA. Need to resolve to complete that install. Other then that it the systems upgraded fine and about 15 minutes faster.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 04:50:32 PM »
Upgraded two CXi's. Only issue was self caused in that the SWA had expired for one( secondary ). The install on that system completed but it didn't restore the database because it couldn't sync the licenses. One SWA restored, licenses retrieved datarestore went ahead ok. Everything fine now. For a test I did a manual upgrade and it went fine as well except again I have an AMC issue which is preventing the license retrieval. This is a lab system with SWA. Need to resolve to complete that install. Other then that it the systems upgraded fine and about 15 minutes faster.
The AMC had an outage yesterday (which is not so great for us as our work hours are Canada's after hours when they like to do maintenance), so you may have been trying during that time and that was causing the issue?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 08:36:38 AM »
Upgrade went pretty well after I realized my patch cord on my laptop was bad, the two remote controllers had no issues but the main one did something weird I had never seen before... At the very end (last connection) the Software Installer sat there repeating the "Reconnect pending..." for almost 40 minutes, in the mean time everything was complete, all phone were online, network up, all alarms clear for a good 20-30 minutes, but I couldn't log in to port 2002 or the web portal with "system" credentials, it always said invalid username or password. Finally after about 40 minutes we logged in with a different account with root access and almost instantly the process completed and everything was back to normal.

Just a hiccup I guess, but pretty smooth other than that.

Two smaller MXeII controllers: 52 & 54 minutes
Main MXeII: 1 hr 47 min (pretty sure it was done in just a tad over an hour in reality)

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 05:10:57 AM »
Looks like there were a couple of bugs in 6.0 and now PR1 is out.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 08:13:28 AM »
Looks like there were a couple of bugs in 6.0 and now PR1 is out.

And that's why I always recommend waiting a month after GA before upgrading customers.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 09:15:28 AM »
Yeah, normally I am in agreement with that...

FYI, PR1 only has 3 bug fixes over 6.0GA:

MN00464980  MCD should be sending a "Server Unavailable" when a 301 is sent - not "Feature Failed"
REPORTED IN SW LOAD   12.0
SYMPTOMS
When the MCD is sending the 301 to move  the registration  the system also terminate the mihotdesk subscriptions with a "Feature Failed" #6 (inside the Notify message body).  The system should be sending a "Server Unavailable" #3 which allows them to reattempt.

MN00465886   VM language prompts incorrect after "online" upgrade from MCD5 to MCD6
SYMPTOMS
After upgrading a system from MCD 5.0 to MCD 6.0 via an SI tool ONLINE upgrade the enbedded VM prompt languages are incorrect. The selectable list is incomplete and when you select certain languages you get a different language when dialling the VM ports.
Note: Part of this fix requires Newer SI version

MN00466931  System Reset due to task tSnmpd
SYMPTOMS
System Reset due to task tSnmpd

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »
So....
They haven't fixed the transfer direct to VM bug yet.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 10:51:14 AM »
So....
They haven't fixed the transfer direct to VM bug yet.

Ralph
Apparently not... those are the only bug fixes listed

Offline smarbar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 10:41:22 AM »
I upgraded our office system about a week ago and all went well, was slightly quicker then normal as well :) Will be doing one of our customers next Saturday which is a 3 controller system, all on one site at the moment though so dont have to worry about driving round afterwards.

On a slight tangent, how do you guys normally upgrade multi system sites. Do you do them one at a time or get them all going at the same time, do you try to have a local FTP server at each location so files aren't going over the WAN?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10