Author Topic: Internal Caller ID issues between networked (clustered) 3300's  (Read 2734 times)

Offline jburger

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Internal Caller ID issues between networked (clustered) 3300's
« on: February 02, 2013, 01:30:17 AM »
We have six sites with 3300ICP's that are networked (clustered).  Five of the plants have 5324 / 5312's hanging on their 3300ICP.   If we make a plant to plant call (4 digits and each site has a different site number), the number and name display.  For example, 4100 Joe User.   We recently installed our final 3300icp at our corporate office.  The Corporate 3300 was made the master in the cluster (even though we are not really clustering...I will explain later).   We have 5340 / 5330's hanging on this 3300ICP. Our extensions at corporate are 4200 and site number is 50.

If we dial plant A(41xx..Site 51), B(43xx..Site52), C(44xx..Site53), D(45xx..Site54), or E(46xx..Site55), their extension and name displays on our phone(5330), but on their handset(5312)displays only the number '504201'.  If the end user at plant A, B, C, D, or E dial our extensions, their display only the '504201'.

We have one user in a separate CoS to keep the 'big lamp' from flashing (Ext. 4221).  When I dial this number from the plant A,B,C,D, or E, the number and name display.   I know turning the big lamp off is not the fix and I really have not had an opportunity to look at the differences between the CoS that all of the other 50 users are in versus the 1 user in the No Big Lamp CoS.

Our clustering is turned off.  We have T-1's connected to a MPLS network and a 10mb MetroEthernet connection at corporate.   Our Mitel technician feels that we do not have enough bandwidth to turn on the 3300 clustering and blames that for the 5312 / 5324's not displaying the corporate extension and name correctly.

I know it is going to take me a day to figure it out (I am a Systems Admin only....amateur Mitel admin).  Have any of y'all ran into this situation and could give me a definitive setting to look for.

Thanks again for your time and assistance!!

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Re: Internal Caller ID issues between networked (clustered) 3300's
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 06:45:56 AM »
If two systems are connected would send number and name. The reason for sending the 50 in front is probably because this is setup as PNI. You do not need PNI.
Remove and it will work as expected.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 06:13:52 PM »
You need to look at the ARS and how corporate access is configured. Wiseguy suggests the PNI and that the best place to start. Not sure about the tech comment re banwidth being the reason not to cluster. Sure bandwidth would effect call quality if you don't have enough but clustering is simply adding the corporate element into the network allowing propagating changes via SDS I don't know what kind of load SDS would impose on the network.

Offline jburger

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 10:43:32 PM »
Thanks LoopyLou and wiseguy!!

I was looking at the ARS today.  Is there any easy way to print out our config (send to printer / .txt file)?   

This is a sore subject with me.  My company spent $90k on Mitel last year, $30k of it was our corporate system. The tech from the company who installed it is leaving it up to me to fix.  We even received an invoice today for asking the tech when he is going to resolve it. We have service / software upgrade yearly maintenance contracts with this company (over $10k for our sites) and we still get treated this way!

I wish I could find a contact with in Mitel Corporate to voice my displeasure with this company!

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 08:21:18 AM »
Most physical 3300 controllers have a printer port so if you can find one you could attach a serial printer. You can also configure a network printer as use that. However every form has a Import/export function and that's what I do ( export it into a .csv file ).

As for your dissatisfaction with the dealer you might want to go to the Mitel stuff and see if there is a "contact us" button. Not sure if you will get a response.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10