Author Topic: Prerecorded Page  (Read 1696 times)

Offline dvehicks

• View Profile
Prerecorded Page
« on: February 01, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »
Is it possible to have a prerecorded page that is activated by dialing an extension? What I want to do is have a prerecorded emergency annoucement....something like...evacuate the building...and either put it on a function key or extension number so the page can be activated by pressing as few keys as possible
I have a Mitel 3300

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: Prerecorded Page
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 12:56:44 PM »
Not natively in the 3300.

Not sure what you are trying to do when you could hit one button pick up the phone and yell "evacuate the building, Danger Will Robinson Danger"! :)

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 01:17:41 PM »
I've just done this for s school. You can't have pre recorded page.

assign a key and put a CDE speedcall to page all (*99# in y case because they wanted 999 but I wouldn't allow it for obvious reasons) and then no-one can change the key except an admin. Only drawback is they have to wait for the beep from the system before shouting or you lose the first couple of words.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 02:33:39 PM »
I think this is what a product called Blazecast does.   Sends out emergency pages, text, overhead pages, carrier pidgin, pony express, you name it.

Useful in campus environments. 

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 06:20:15 PM »
Yeah the blazecast product seems to work well. It is able to overcome the limitations of the group paged by handling group pages one after another so it appears all the sets are grouped page. As Ralph says it is popular in education deployments where sadly it is required to ensure the safety of the students in the crazy world.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10