Author Topic: 5000 SIP trunks  (Read 2641 times)

Offline chrismitel

• View Profile
5000 SIP trunks
« on: January 30, 2013, 03:41:31 AM »
Hi,

I have been asked to look into a fault with a new SIP trunk provide.  The problem is the provider has not been inter-op tested by Mitel for the 5000 so no guide and no support. (Apparently the customer ordered this themselves) 

The SIP trunks work and are in service but DDI routing doesn't.

I have routed the DDI's to a call routing table and changed every number just in case it comes in with less numbers despite the SIP provider stating they are sending all digits but cannot get it to work.  When I do a catch all every DDI routes fine.  I have run OLM and set-up full traces for the SIP and can see the full number coming in too.  The SIP provider is COLT in the UK.  Authorization is not required, it is binded by the IP address of the system.

Any programming ideas?  It is difficult to test as I am doing everything remotely and I don't want to keep chopping and changing and guessing because they do have service, just no DDI routing.

Regards

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 5000 SIP trunks
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 07:39:06 AM »
Have you tried the full number including area code with a + in front?

Offline chrismitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:54:16 AM »
Hi Dave,

I have tried that and a plus has to be the last digit you put in.  I have tried it as the last to no avail.

Any other ideas?

Regards

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 06:04:07 PM »
I've only used Gamma and BT sip trunks on our systems and it was either the full number

Or full number prefixed with a +

+01910000000

DDIs have always worked ok for me using either of these.

I know you will have checked this but is your SIP trunk group pointing at the correct table?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10