Author Topic: fax line  (Read 2028 times)

Offline small_eyes

• View Profile
fax line
« on: January 28, 2013, 09:31:59 PM »
Hi all,

currently our fax line was go through mitel system to fax, our fax number is for example 001, is there anyway..i can install onther machine line but using the same fax number, so both fax machine can con-currently receiving in and out fax from same number?

thanks

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: fax line
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 10:10:16 PM »
Not quite sure what you are trying to achieve, but you can really only have one fax machine attached to an incoming number. An untested way off the top of my head may be to put two analogue extensions in to a ring group, and set it to cascade ring, but i'm unsure how it would handle things as they are analgoues. This is completely untested, and only an idea off the top of my head though.
You could then set the outbound CLI of both analogue extensions to display the same number. That's the easy part.

A much better solution would be to have a dedicated fax server such as Nupoint or GFI.

Offline small_eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:50:44 PM »
thanks martyn, what i want to achieve is i want to put same extension number into fax machine, so both machine can receiving & send from same number ...

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:48:01 AM »
Hunt group (circular if you want to share the load) and point the DDI at that and set the number in associated directory numbers (assuming software level) or do a CPN substitution for the number.(which is essentially the same as Martyns idea except for the way the machines would answer) Again untested and just an idea.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 09:34:12 AM »
This isn't that big of deal.
Renumber your fax line to a Non-DID number.
Create a new hunt group with the DID number.
Put both faxes in the hunt group.

This assumes you are using DIDs and not running a copper trunk through the system.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10