Author Topic: nupoint and RADs  (Read 2905 times)

Offline ccuster

• Contributer
    • View Profile
nupoint and RADs
« on: January 23, 2013, 10:39:13 PM »
So here is the scoop. I built a call director menu tree on nupoint.

Menu -> option 1 & option 2

Each option gets redirected to their respective RAD built on the 3300. All works well. External callers calling in select option 1 or 2 and are placed in queue  w/ message then MOH. Flawless right.

Here's where it gets odd. As I stated, outside callers, it works flawless BUT in the off chance an internal caller calls into the main number through an XNET or PSTN (IE: 9-555-5555) from a IP set within the cluster (say a client or staff member trying to set an appointment) and go into the queue in any placing other than the first caller, the message plays and the MOH starts . . . Then it reroutes to voicemail and prompts them for a mailbox. Again, only the 2nd + caller. If they happen to be first in the queue, no problems.

Granted, the chances of it being a call coming from within is very remote. 99.9 % of the calls come from the public but there has been a rare occation that a staff member has called to book an appoint.

My initial thought is it is in part due to the COS of the sets and the fact that (although we use nupoint for VM) we still need a few embedded vm ports configured on the 3300. 2 set as RAD and 2 set as VM.

Any ideas how to stop it from rerouting on internal calls whilst keeping the RADs functioning as well as the ip sets inhouse?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: nupoint and RADs
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 06:47:24 PM »
Can you clarify a bit as I can't follow your message. Are the internal parties calling out on a PSTN and then in again? Or do they call an internal extension number?

Second are the internal people calling an ACD queue or do they still call this RAD where they pick one or 2?

Third if its is a ACD queue and the internal party is first in queue everything is fine and the hear the alternating MOH and then RAD until they get answered by an agent?

If the internal people are calling the Nupoint and picking one or two and then they eventually hear "enter a mailbox" it sounds like they are recalling back to the Nupoint. i.e they are not getting camped on to the ACD queue. You have their call to the Nupoint on a port that gets "flashed" and a transfer to the ACD queue occurs but without the Nupoint port dropping. This eventually recalls to the transfering party which is the Nupoint.
An external call comes in on a trunk, goes to Nupoint where the caller dials 1 or 2. The Nupoint then transfers the trunk to the ACD queue and drops out of the picture. The trunk is queued on the ACD path.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10