Author Topic: IP Console 5550/3300 offline mode  (Read 3674 times)

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
IP Console 5550/3300 offline mode
« on: January 22, 2013, 08:38:11 PM »
Hi,

Is it possible to program a 3300 controller to go "offline" during the day and direct all calls to a Voice mailbox? I have a client who would like me to program a key on his 5550 console such that when all his staff are busy, he pushes that key and calls are directed to VM with a message like "all our staff are busy.....". Their controller is already programmed with N1 and N2. N1 re-routes calls to an after hours VM and N2 re-routes to a cordless handset extension number.

What is the most "painless free" way of achieving this? Do I have to use a RAD set for this?

Cheers!
Steve

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: IP Console 5550/3300 offline mode
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 06:03:44 AM »
You *may* be able to do this with a 3rd party call forward.   
The reason I say *may* is I'm not sure it will work with a console.  I know it works with other sets.

In theory, you'd dial a code and forward your main number to another number.  I don't think you can do that from a console but you can do the code from another set.   Just be sure you have 3rd party call forward enabled in COS.

The 1st thing you have to do is set up a name tag hunt group and forward it to VM.   This VM box is where you leave the message that says "We're too busy for you.  Leave a message."

Then when you want to use it you dial <3rd party forward code>+<number you want to fwd>+<new name tag hunt group>

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:57:04 AM »
You could try the attendant overflow feature. This is a RAD that if calls are not answered in a set amount of time then the call overflows to the RAD. Calls are still queued at the console and can be answered.

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 05:18:50 PM »
Ok..its been a while since I got on to this system but this is what is programmed on this node:

Night mode 1 - Sends call to voice mail
Night mode 2 - Sends call to analogue cordless extension
Voice mail hunt group (799) with the analogue cordless extension (725) as the only member.

When the system is in Night mode 2, the call rerouting points to this hunt group DN (799). There is a RAD that plays saying that the "receptionist is busy..." as the analogue cordless extension rings. As it is, the extension will ring until answered.

Requirement: When system is in Night mode 2, the analogue extension should ring for some time (after playing RAD) then transfer the call to VM with the message "we are busy at the moment please leave a message......"

What I have done so far: I have created VM for the huntgroup (799) and recorded my message "we are busy..." I have programed the call rerouting 1st alt for the hunt group (799) to VM.

Results: When I dial the hunt group number internally (799) I get the required result i.e. RAD plays, MOH then call directed to VM with the message "we are busy please leave a message".
However, when I put the system into night mode 2, and dial in externally, these changes do not take effect  - the caller hears the RAD then MOH indefinately as the analogue extension rings.

I'm I doing this correctly? There must be something I'm missing. I've also tried putting the VM on the analogue extension 725 but same result.

Any help is appreciated and if you require more info let me know.

Thanks.

Steve.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 08:06:29 AM »
You should be programming the night 2 routing in the call rerouting assignment form. The first alternative destination isn't effectived by a change of service.

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 06:55:48 PM »
Will try this and let you know. Cheers!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10