Author Topic: Record a call on Mitel 3300  (Read 3441 times)

Offline pfurtado

• View Profile
Record a call on Mitel 3300
« on: January 22, 2013, 11:53:13 AM »
Please excuse my ignorance on this.  I've inherited a Mitel system at my employer and have little familiarity with it.  We are running a 3300 with 5312 & 5324 handsets.   We want to be able to have a button to record a call on the handsets.  I know I can program the handset key to the "record a call" function but I'm sure there is some background changes on the controller that have to take place.   

We don't need it to do anything fancy, just start recording the call when the button is pressed.  From my limited knowledge, I understand that it would just save the recorded call the voicemail box associated with the extension that initiated the recording.

If someone could give me the steps required on the controller to make this happen I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks,

Offline markyb73

• View Profile
Re: Record a call on Mitel 3300
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 02:45:57 PM »
Hello,
The online help built into the controller is good to guide you but in brief.
If you are on a pretty recent sw level then you will be able to do it, otherwise you may need the advanced voicemail license.
Create a hunt group and the type will be recorder, add some of your vm port directory numbers into it.
As you said set up the record a call key on the handsets you need.
In the class of service of the phones you want to use it, set record a call to yes.
And....you should be good to go! Don't think i have missed anything obvious  :)
When you log into you vm box it will tell you if you have any record a call messages then.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10