Author Topic: Make Caller ID Disappear  (Read 1975 times)

Offline tomalw

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Make Caller ID Disappear
« on: January 22, 2013, 08:51:46 AM »
I am trying to remove the caller id on certain DID lines for outgoing calls.  Whenever a non-DID extension makes an outgoing call a generic caller id appears.  Is it possible to program a DID extension so that it too shows a generic number on an outbound call?  I know where to perform this task on a global basis (all or nothing) but do not know if it is possible by using C.O.S. or something similar. 

Thank you.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Make Caller ID Disappear
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 08:58:58 AM »
An easy way to assign a new caller ID to a small number of sets is to edit the form called Associated Directory Numbers.
Put in the extension number you want to change,  use the drop down and select CPN Substitution and enter the new caller ID in the associated number field.

Ralph

Offline tomalw

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 09:48:50 AM »
It seems simple enough but I must be missing something.  As per the Help File I even verified that the "Non-Prime Public Network Identity" was set to "Yes."  I set the directory number field to the extension that I want to change, selected CPN Substitution and then set the Associated Number field to the number that I want to appear, tried using a four digit and ten digit number.  However when I place the call from the extension, the DID still appears on the caller ID.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »
The cpn substitution is read from top down, so if number 1 matches, then that is what it will use, irrespective of if there is a specific entry for that number.

Also is this on a sip trunk? If so you will need to add the index.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10