Author Topic: EHDU question  (Read 3613 times)

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
EHDU question
« on: January 22, 2013, 08:43:47 AM »
Weird behavior:
Direct calls to EHDU will never ring the phone and go straight to mobile phone voicemail.
If EHDU is in PRG, the call will ring the desktop phone once then mobile phone voicemail will answer.
Mobile phone provider: AT&T, have replicated the behavior with Sprint. Outbound calls are over PRI, no analog trunks in play.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: EHDU question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 12:46:27 PM »
I would say that the mobile device has a forwarding feature (or something else) causing this.

I assume that you have the answer confirmation option disabled in the COS.

Could it simply be a lack of service on the mobile that is causing the call to go to VM?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 06:16:33 PM »
I've seen in some cases that the cell service is providing answer supervision to the PBX.
The 3300 assumes the cell answered but in reality the cell service is simply handling the call.
The only way around is with what Mattmayn suggested.

Remember the with any of the mobility solutions, the first vm to answer wins.

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 06:55:59 PM »
Agree with ralph. If the call is ending up on the cell phone voicemail then the 3300 is seeing the cell as answering. On calls to a ring group all members ring at once and it goes to whoever supplies answer first. In this case it must be the cell. We had a site where this only happened to long distance cell phones. Local cell phones no problem but the customer had a long distance plan with another carrier. What happened was if a long distance call went out on a PRI, then the long distance carrier intercepted the call ( i.e as far as the 3300 was concerned the call was answered ) and put a tone on the line which triggered the 3300 to send an account code.

To see if that is the issue turn on answer confirmation as was suggested. What happens is the carrier can answer but the 3300 will not see the call as answered until the * key is pressed. If this proves it is the carrier you still have a problem because the carrier still answers and you get delays in audio cut through etc.

The problem cleared because the customer went to another long distance provider that worked a different way.

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 09:02:08 AM »
Turning on Answer Confirmation does the trick, but it is not really an acceptable workaround. When my users answer their mobile phone, they are unable to differentiate between MCD and direct mobile calls; I don't want them to have to answer, say "hello" a few times then go back to their keypad and press a key. What I see happening in the future is this, all users will begin pressing a key whenever they receive a call o n their mobile.  :P

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 06:39:21 PM »
Different thoughts on that. Most companies think people should answer the phone professionally so they don't care if the user comes from the 3300 or direct. Others feel as your users do. Depending on how the 3300 is setup you can have it pass through the CLID of the calling party making it difficult to tell if its from the 3300 or a direct call. You can also setup the 3300 not to pass the CLID and you see the CLID of your office which at least tells you the call comes via EHDU although if you do that you can't tell internal people from external calls transferred. No perfect answer. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10