Author Topic: Ring groups - adding endpoints on an Asterisk System?  (Read 1873 times)

Offline linker3000

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Ring groups - adding endpoints on an Asterisk System?
« on: January 22, 2013, 05:24:05 AM »
Is there a sensible/quick way to add Asterisk-hosted endpoints into a Ring/Hunt group on a 3300?

In my case, all Mitel-based phones are on 1xx and 4xx, and the Asterisk-based phones are 2xx. Manual interoperability between the two systems (apart from my Mitel desk phone - see other thread) is working fine.

Thanks

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Ring groups - adding endpoints on an Asterisk System?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 06:05:40 AM »
I don't know how quick it is but I'd think you'd have to add them as external hot desk devices in the 3300.

Ralph

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 06:20:38 AM »
EHDU would do it, otherwise you could just have an ARS entry to point across to the asterisk and create the group on there. Much easier, and no licences used on the 3300.
If you need to mix mitel and asterisk phones in a group, then that's where it gets messy.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 08:03:24 AM »
a Mix of Mitel and Asterisk phones would require EHDU licenses or multi device group license.

Offline linker3000

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:33:55 AM »
Thanks everyone. I'll see what I can do with ARS. The main requirement is to support some new DIDs that are going to be provided by an external VoIP service provider and these 'lines' are coming straight into the Asterisk server so the queues can be there too.

There might be a need to setup a few combined Mitel/Asterisk endpoint groups and for these I suspect it might be just as easy to swap out the Mitel extensions for Asterisk -based ones.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10